Del Piero

Arl Arse Italian Leading The Line ?

• Yes , 36 is nothin' he drinks the elixir of youth

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No, just NO.... he's gasher than gash.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Crostini al formaggio coperchio

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy's Bottle Of Grecian

The Unobstructed View
It had been reported in Italy by Tuttosport that Tottenham are interested in signing 36 year old Italian legend Alessandro del Piero, now it seems that Everton are also interested in the Juventus star who will be available on a free transfer in The Summer.

The reports in Italy are claiming that Everton are hoping to bring del Piero to Goodison as early as January after it became known that del Piero has fallen out with the club’s heirachy, it is very possible, even likely, that Juventus will wiave any transfer fee if del Piero does leave in January.

It was a huge surprise to learn of Tottenham’s interest and the chances are that it was nothing more than idle gossip, the link with Everton however does appear a more realistic option.

Everton are strapped for cash and as long as del Piero does not demand stupid wages then the Italian legend would be the perfect catch for Everton Manager David Moyes, del Piero would bring extensive experience and would be free.

This particular piece of speculation does look like it may have some legs in it, from all angles it makes sense.

Watched him come on last week against Inter, looked like he aint got legs in him ffs, this is not a man that could keep up with the pace of Donovan if he were to come, the comm was saying how gash he has now become.

Last edited:
Great player in his day when he was injury free, but that day has long passed and he wouldnt add anything that we dont already have i.e. injury prone ageing striker.

Can't say I've seen him play recently, but I've got a mate who follows Italian football and Juve in particular who was saying he was past it about 2 years ago...

We'd be back in the Walter Smith times of signing faded legends. Having Gazza, Ginola and Hughes in the side was bad enough, we don't need del Piero, even if he has been sipping at the magical Italian fountain of youth (which has nothing whatsoever to do with them doping, no sir)

The last time I watched Del Piero was in the europa league last season and he looked alright still, I haven't seen much of the crap, old, Del Piero, just the one from five years ago that won the world cup and was a legend for Juve.

I would imagine he's on enormo-money, so unless Juve want to pay his wages for us, it's not going to happen. 36 year old Italian superstars don't move to the premier league for the 'experience'.

i know its bad enough that we are playing like when Walter Smith was over us, now we want to
take golden oldies like smith did with Gazza and Ginola

Status
Not open for further replies.