Davide Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly sure about that. We've just had a manager who had one of the best playing careers you could hope for and it didn't translate into results. There are lots of high performing managers that never played professionally or at any sort of high level.

And he's being discussed because his name has been mentioned as a potential new manager.
We know nothing about D Ancelotti. But what we do know is that being a manager of a football club brings with it quite a lot of pressure. This kind of pressure is not easy to handle. Former footballers have the advantage of being used to dealing with pressure. Being an assistant coach gives you insight, but you rarely get to feel the pressure that the head coach feels.

When, in addition, you only have experience of being with your father, you live fairly protected. It's not like the father is going to cut his son's head off if he messes up. The environment will also treat the head coach's son differently. When you are also in environments that have unlimited resources, that is not the reality of most clubs, so it gives limited experience. We also know that Everton are in a situation where they are in danger of relegation, the pressure will be enormous on the new manager, and resources are limited.

D Ancelotti has all the prerequisites to certainly become a very good manager (assumption), but before he is relevant for a club like Everton, he should gain experience where he himself has to stand up to the pressure, take responsibility for results, etc. In this way he learns, and whether he can actually withstand the pressure that being a manager entails, and where he is not protected by his father. D Ancelotti as manager of Everton now is simply madness.

I think Bielsa, Dyche and Davide A. are all massive gambles however we are at the stage where that is what is necessary.

All completely different types of manager though, having a DOF has not altered our bewildering lack of direction.

Im certain that was all poppycock. If Dunc was offered a position at RM, he wouldve taken it(i think). Im sure it was all pleasantries from Carlo.
Why would Carlo need to dish out pleasantries? I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of Dunc visiting Carlo over in Madrid as well. My thoughts is that Dunc probably thought he had a genuine shot for our job when carlo left.

I think it's more the fact that the club's situation is so dire at the moment, alot of people feel we are going down anyway so the club might as well gamble on unknown potential.
Or in Bielsa's case; an unknown outcome from avant-garde theories.

I hope Dyche does the biz, I really do. But if he doesn't, there'll be more than a few saying some sort of footballing variation of - 'Should've Gone to Specsavers'
It's all a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.