Davide Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like he's a decent coach, which is a plus.

No real managerial experience, which is a negative.

You'd like to think that he perhaps made an impression while he was here, which is why we're interested but it's a gamble.
He's got less experience than Ferguson and no playing career.

Why is he being discussed?

How has he got less experience then Dunc? He's been wirt his dad at Madrid,Milan,Napoli and us, he's been everywhere.

MOURINHO didn't have a playing career either.

Btw I'm not advocating him, but it does make a pleasant change from the usual "prem experience manager only"

Is it too outlandish to suggest that the club have offered Davide a 6 month contract with the possibility to extend if we stay up (so we can get Bielsa in the summer)? Dyche wouldn't be stupid enough to bench warm for Bielsa but Davide might look at it as a win win - premier league managerial experience, in a almost completely condemned club, he always has the 'worst run club' excuse to fall back on too
Yes. Completely outlandish.

There are plenty of managers with experience of troubleshooting struggling clubs.

He only has experience of standing next to his dad at the worlds richest clubs.

How has he got less experience then Dunc? He's been wirt his dad at Madrid,Milan,Napoli and us, he's been everywhere.

MOURINHO didn't have a playing career either.

Btw I'm not advocating him, but it does make a pleasant change from the usual "prem experience manager only"
Dunc has managed a few games and had an illustrious playing career.

DA had neither.

I wouldn't consider Ferguson either but Ancelotti is just a bizarre rumour.

I'd prefer Sammy Lee. He has more relevant experience.

Dunc has managed a few games and had an illustrious playing career.

DA had neither.

I wouldn't consider Ferguson either but Ancelotti is just a bizarre rumour.

I'd prefer Sammy Lee. He has more relevant experience.
I don't want him either tbh, as you say no proper experience.

However id prefer him over Dunc if I was to chose.

Because he's been an assistant and advisor to his dad, Carlo Ancelotti in case you've never heard of him btw, and together they've won just about everything there is to win in club football in the last 5 or so years.

However, he probably shouldn't be starting his managing career in our dumpster fire, honestly. If we're in the championship or if he has a whole summer? Yeah, can see it being useful, but right now?! Nah.

Because he's been an assistant and advisor to his dad, Carlo Ancelotti in case you've never heard of him btw, and together they've won just about everything there is to win in club football in the last 5 or so years.

However, he probably shouldn't be starting his managing career in our dumpster fire, honestly. If we're in the championship or if he has a whole summer? Yeah, can see it being useful, but right now?! Nah.
It’s hard to judge how good he is isn’t it though , I mean pep is unlikely to pick Arteta to work for him for any other reason than he rated him. There is a fair argument that Carlo might have other factors at play to pick his son rather than talent . Surely if he backed himself he’d have considered working for someone else , rather than his own dad . Just to prove himself and to dispel any ideas of nepotism.

That Evertonians should consider appointing someone with no professional football career , no first team management career and whose only coaching career is working for his dad seems bizarre. Particularly as we find ourselves in the worst situation we probably ever have .

What's the worst that can happen? We will be relegated under the other options, I have no doubt about that, DA is the only one who has a bit of mystery and maybe X factor about him. If it dosent work then we are relegated but if it does then there is a big upside, there is no real upside with the others mentioned so it's probably worth the considerable gamble

It’s hard to judge how good he is isn’t it though , I mean pep is unlikely to pick Arteta to work for him for any other reason than he rated him. There is a fair argument that Carlo might have other factors at play to pick his son rather than talent . Surely if he backed himself he’d have considered working for someone else , rather than his own dad .

That Evertonians should consider appointing someone with no professional football career , no first team management career and whose only coaching career is working for his dad seems bizarre. Particularly as we find ourselves in the worst situation we probably ever have .
No as I said - it's not the correct call AT ALL given our situation.

As to how good - Mourinho was a translator and all that crap, DA was top of his class for all badges apparently, so at least that's happening for him.

Long term project with stability - yeah, I'd be in personally. Currently? Nah, hard pass.

Not exactly sure about that. We've just had a manager who had one of the best playing careers you could hope for and it didn't translate into results. There are lots of high performing managers that never played professionally or at any sort of high level.

And he's being discussed because his name has been mentioned as a potential new manager.

No as I said - it's not the correct call AT ALL given our situation.

As to how good - Mourinho was a translator and all that crap, DA was top of his class for all badges apparently, so at least that's happening for him.

Long term project with stability - yeah, I'd be in personally. Currently? Nah, hard pass.
I think there is a lot of stuff out there that mourinho was a lot more than a translator but I definitely accept what you’re saying . Like you I think we’re the wrong job but I would probably have respected him a little more if he’d stretched his legs away from his dad

I think there is a lot of stuff out there that mourinho was a lot more than a translator but I definitely accept what you’re saying . Like you I think we’re the wrong job but I would probably have respected him a little more if he’d stretched his legs away from his dad
Well it's an easier job to get for him and arguably more experience of the top of the game and how to influence that from his dad than going down to the 3rd division.

Will it look better on a CV? Yeah, sure, but so does 'assistant manager with 15 trophies' or whatever lol

As we've agreed tho - not the right choice currently. When he gets his pro license and if we're in need of a manager and are a bit more stable (I know, I know, grasping at straws :( ) - yeah, let's go.

I remember when he was with us there was an interview where he was a lot more than just a conelayer btw, similar to Mourinho early on in a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.