David Moyes

this is head wrecking.
Half the time on this forum it's 'no one would take the everton managers job', then it's the England under 21 European championship winning coach couldnt get a job as good as assistant manager at Everton.

Head spinning, this place, sometimes.
Dont be a pillock, this is a discussion forum, with peoples opinions. Thats your opinion, not mine. If you honestly think Carsleys next job will be big 6, or bigger than lining up for next in line for Everton job (eg if Potter was sacked), with some of the best fans and one of the best stadia in the world than, thats your opinion. Its not mine.

Even now, moreso when we are safe, Everton management would still be a huge dream for a lot of talent. We are still a massive club, and were going to slowly turn things around.

Last edited:

….thing is, they’ll be able to bring in their own players and not work with strikers who the likes of Thelwell has acquired for them.
Moyes spaffed the best part of near £100m on strikers at West Ham and wasted the pair of them and both have now moved on so no thanks, and Dycheball is not about strikers, the striker is a focal point for bringing others into play rather than being a goal scorer. Stop trying to turn us into a museum please.

They said the same about Arteta
And he got something that's really rare in football: time. Emery for example didn't get it.

Took over at 8 finished 8 in 19/20
Finished 8 in 20/21
Then 5th after bottling CL due to a poor run at the end of the season in 21/22.

A club spoiled playing almost every season in CL under Wenger, expect the last 2 normally would sack a manager.

Moyes spaffed the best part of near £100m on strikers at West Ham and wasted the pair of them and both have now moved on so no thanks, and Dycheball is not about strikers, the striker is a focal point for bringing others into play rather than being a goal scorer. Stop trying to turn us into a museum please.
Yes…..the opposition

They did but the difference for me was that Arteta had a 1st rate reputation as a coach who was number 2 at a successful club side under arguably one of the greatest managers of the Moderna era so in that respect I think it is different but that’s just my view when comparing to Lee Carsley.
At the same time Carsley implemted his playing style and tactics on his England U23s and did a very good job in doing so whilst beating other up and coming coaches in the process, look at the job the Ipswich guy is doing as well as the Coventry manager both starting off on their journeys

Never, ever go back! If Moyes comes here he would flop, it's what returning managers do. If we get rid of Dyche (which I feel would be a mistake at this point) then we should be taking someone young and hungry to make their name.

I like the return of Moyes, for more than ten years after he left, we nearly struggle for relegation every year even though invest huge amount of money. Moyes got European trophy last year with limited budget, what our club got within these ten years?Nothing! Do you want our club still struggle to relegation every season?or finally relegate to Championship league?Don't let yourself regret to the decision at last.