David Moyes

Why? Being a good lad and a top blue should not be prerequisites to being on the coaching staff. If he'd won a bunch of stuff and played with, alongside and under 'the greats' then fair enough, but he's not done that. He's just a soon to be ex-player, we need people who are proven.
well obviously if it's clear that he has no coaching talent then swerve.
Yea, we need someone proven but that's why I suggested he work under Moyes.
He's played for a good few managers including Ancelotti and Trapattoni
He's talked about coaching.
He's captained a PL team for years.
The likes of Lampard absolutely raved about him.
He's a decent fella and loves the club which doesnt hurt.

Of all the ex players recently, unsworth/ferguson/baines and prob more, Carsley has clearly done the best but I wouldnt be surprised if Coleman wasnt far behind.

Of all the ex players recently, unsworth/ferguson/baines and prob more, Carsley has clearly done the best but I wouldnt be surprised if Coleman wasnt far behind.
I'd probably be in favour of giving Carsley a crack at the job, but it sounds like he's not interested in the demands that would come with it.

Much better than the last 3 stooges, but will he be better than the 1st time. You only have to look at Kendall mk2 and mk3 to see where I am coming from !!!
No, he wouldn’t do better than the first time, but there isn’t any manager on earth who’s gonna get us competing around 7th in the league anytime soon.
All I know is that he can’t be any worse than the current whopper in charge!

I like the idea of succession mate, but tbh I think we need to reach higher standards as a club/team first, then have fellas come through the ranks whilst we/they are playing at the higher end. Right now, I don't think we have enough of that at the club. It feels like a team of losers, and promoting from within, I feel compounds that situation.

Much better than the last 3 stooges, but will he be better than the 1st time. You only have to look at Kendall mk2 and mk3 to see where I am coming from !!!
I don't think he has to do better than he did before, all he has to be is be better than what we have now and he is and would be. He was here a long time to get us to where we were.

As for Kendall, he gave us many 'good times' but the drink had got well hold of him by the time he returned especially by the third time with Speed sometimes bailing him out by taking training because Howard was in no fit state to do so. As far as we know Moyes doesn't have the same difficulties so he can come back here whenever he wants, for me.

Moyes might consider us especially with new owners as he was a bit of a Kenwright boy in that he did things on a relative shoestring and that's what our manager is going to have to do for a long time to come.

Great shout, this.

In the shorter term, if he's only got a few weeks left on his contract, could we tempt him up now?

I can't see how having Moyes for the last six games would be any worse than Dyche.
He won't jump ship if they are still in Europe ( probably won't be tomorrow) or have the chance of qualifying for Europe via league places

We are so unimaginative as a fanbase at times. Always has to have ties to Everton one way or another.

We're the same with ex-players. People fawning over the idea of Richarlison ever coming back.

I wish we'd just move on. Find a dynamic coach from Europe, bring in a DOF with an extensive knowledge of world football and a clear plan, with scouts that can un-earth gems at low risk/high reward fees. I am bored to death of the 'tried and tested' Everton way, obsessing over former players, boyhood blues and those with prehistoric football beliefs. This club is decades behind, in all aspects.