David Moyes or Gordon Lee?

David Moyes Or Gordon Lee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he wanted Sharp and Rush but the board told him he could have one or the other? That might’ve been in Sharp’s awful autobiography. The one where every player was referred to by their imaginative nickname such as ‘Kingy’, ‘Lyonsy’ or ‘Gary-y’.
I'm in the middle of reading that on the kindle. It's alright it's just your standard run of the mill football autobiography.

Pat Van Den Hauwes book though well that book is the complete opposite to Sharpys one!lol

All Moyes needed was the money to help us get to the next level. He never ever put pressure on Kenwright to secure that funding though.

I do fully blame Kenwright and Moyes for creating the plucky little Everton mentality.

You go on about hard work and team spirit etc, and Moyes era Everton were indeed a very good competitive team who unfortunately had a serious habit of bottling pretty much nearly every big game they played.

I respect David Moyes for the job he did under difficult circumstances, but i did consider him to be a total and utter Kenwright lackey though during his tenure as manager here.
Moyes didn't have much of a transfer kitty but he made a deal w/ Kenwright. that he won't spend much if the players get resigned. I think we were often top 6-8 in salaries.

Moyes would have won trophies if he had big bob up front, Lee would have won if he had big nev at the back. Both good managers, both one player in a key position short of success.

We had two long unbeaten runs under Gordon Lee, the one I mentioned above (ending at Coventry) and the one the season before (I think it was 19 games?) that was ended by that freak result against what was a very average (they were mid table that season) Man Utd team, who we would actually beat in the return game at Old Trafford later that season. I always remember the easter period that season, three games in four days (Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Easter Monday) were we won at Newcastle and Man. Utd and also beat Leeds at home. Imagine a programme like that now, never mind the results we got!
Remember this well.

McKenzie scored a screamer against Leeds at Goodison on the Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.