Dave Thomas.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteblue

Welcome back Wayne
....apparently suffering from sight problems and now has a guide dog. This guy was one of our best ever wingers, second only to Johnny Morrisey. Bob Latchford would have struggled without him. It's tough to hear that he suffers from this. I did however like something he apparently said about modern wingers...."That Raheem Sterling is worth £49million – he couldn’t cross the road, let alone a football!".........

Last edited:
....apparently suffering from sight problems and now has a blind dog. This guy was one of our best ever wingers, second only to Johnny Morrisey. Bob Latchford would have struggled without him. It's tough to hear that he suffers from this. I did however like something he apparently said about modern wingers...."That Raheem Sterling is worth £49million – he couldn’t cross the road, let alone a football!".........

Had sight problems for years I thought/read.

Didnt he appear at GP last season, promoting his charity? What a winger he was. I said it in the Lukaku thread, a forward is only as good as the service he gets - he made so many chances for Bob Latchford. Someone posted the Coventry 6 nil game a while back, he was at his best that night.

Didnt he appear at GP last season, promoting his charity? What a winger he was. I said it in the Lukaku thread, a forward is only as good as the service he gets - he made so many chances for Bob Latchford. Someone posted the Coventry 6 nil game a while back, he was at his best that night.

"Thomas, Latchford, GOAL"

Chalk on the boots winger.

I loved seeing him with the ball at his feet, making full backs look like idiots before he'd drop the ball onto Bob's head......

"Thomas, Latchford, GOAL"

Chalk on the boots winger.

I loved seeing him with the ball at his feet, making full backs look like idiots before he'd drop the ball onto Bob's head......

I was in my late teens when Thomas & Latchford were there, thought I knew abit about football, but didnt realise how good they were until a few years later.

Went to OT with my Manc mate to watch them vs the blue boys. He didn't want to go in with away's and I did. So we end up in the away end but with the Mancs. Can remember Dave "Bandy legs" Thomas running down the wing, puts cross in and Big Bob heads in. Normal game then? No. Big Bob celebrates, arms outstretched in front of the home fans, you guessed it - right in front of me. Can remember my mate gripping me by the arm in an effort to stop me jumping about like a loon! As has been said big Bob might not have got so many goals had it not been for Dave's assists.

Always wore moulded black adidas boots no matter what the weather was like or how muddy the pitch was.

Never ever wore shinees either.

Undoubtedly one of the best wingers I've seen at any club.

Latchford wouldn't have got his 30 goals that season without him.

Always wore moulded black adidas boots no matter what the weather was like or how muddy the pitch was.

Never ever wore shinees either.

Undoubtedly one of the best wingers I've seen at any club.

Latchford wouldn't have got his 30 goals that season without him.

Imagine how many Rom would get with Dave feeding him

Status
Not open for further replies.