Dave Prentice - fair comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

quote:
"Moyes and, whether you like it or not, the man who brought him here, have been key to the steady rise which sees the Everton of 2008 unrecognisable from the March morning six years ago when he first crossed the Goodison threshold.

Forgive me for repeating the words printed in the Guardian newspaper that day, but they are resonant.

“Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Loosely translated the Everton club motto means that nothing but the best is good enough. It is now a joke.

“The history of the club was once a continual challenge for the leading trophies. For the past 15 or so years it has been a sad tale of steady and seemingly unstoppable decline.

“Preston’s David Moyes would be well advised to give Everton the widest of berths."

“Little money, few prospects. Even the shirt sponsorship deal with One 2 One has not been renewed. With players such as Paul Gascoigne, David Weir, Kevin Campbell, Alan Stubbs and David Ginola in the squad, the most appropriate new sponsor would be Age Concern.”

That miserable, yet accurate summary has steadily been dissected and dismantled.

Everton have started to challenge for trophies. The direction of the club is now upwardly mobile and the average age of the squad is much closer to teenager than pensioner.

The Blues are now in an outstanding position to try and push on and break up the established order of the top four.

But to do so would take another injection of quality. And quality doesn’t come cheap.

But while new signings would be welcome, the most important signing Everton can make this summer must be their manager.

And that would surely put a smile back on a few Blue faces."

daveprentice@liverpoolecho.co.uk

VERY VERY TRUE DAVID!!! (both of them!)

Get Moyes signed!!

Is he not just stating the obvious ? I think so. I am waiting to see a front or back page expose of the clubs finances as reported by the Guardian today and the new lead story on Toffeeweb. TWELVE mortgages now against future earnings from Sky tv. Non of our directors are putting their hands into their own pockets. The future earnings are being used up at an alarming rate. The house of cards which another poster refered to last week could come tumbling down sooner than we all think. This is why Moyesy hasnt been able to sign anybody yet. Its all too scarey ! :eek:

Is he not just stating the obvious ? I think so. I am waiting to see a front or back page expose of the clubs finances as reported by the Guardian today and the new lead story on Toffeeweb. TWELVE mortgages now against future earnings from Sky tv. Non of our directors are putting their hands into their own pockets. The future earnings are being used up at an alarming rate. The house of cards which another poster refered to last week could come tumbling down sooner than we all think. This is why Moyesy hasnt been able to sign anybody yet. Its all too scarey ! :eek:

Yeah it is indeed quite worrying. I just hope we don't do a Leeds...

Its all loans for "bricks and mortar". Not transfers as no institution in the current economic climate (credit crunch) will borrow money on risky transfers (i.e. if a player could get his legs taken out and have his value wipped out overnight).

Its all to do with the ground move

MBIB

Yes, I agree that would make sense, but, does that mean our beloved custodians will foot the £25m transfer fund that has been mentioned on other posts in the last few weeks. How do they differentiate funds / loans.......Some propaganda put out from the club stated these things are totally different but then stated that the stadium move may well effect transfers.......im worried and confused and im not trusting them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.