Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's comfortably our best passer of the ball.

Played well tonight, although he looked shaky at centre back a couple of times. Unsure why Martinez didn't just put McCarthy at right back as he has done previously.
Lost count of the number of times he gave the ball away last night, including rolling the ball across our box to one of their players. Never understood the hype about his passing

Played well tonight, although he looked shaky at centre back a couple of times. Unsure why Martinez didn't just put McCarthy at right back as he has done previously.

Was thinking that myself. Maybe he wanted Stones to break forward on the right. Maybe he'd seen some of McCarthy's crosses first half and didn't want him at RB. For his first game back I thought he did well. Makes such a difference having a midfielder who gets his head up and picks forward balls rather than just shuffling possession on.

Was thinking that myself. Maybe he wanted Stones to break forward on the right. Maybe he'd seen some of McCarthy's crosses first half and didn't want him at RB. For his first game back I thought he did well. Makes such a difference having a midfielder who gets his head up and picks forward balls rather than just shuffling possession on.

I actually think he looked a lot better at CB! It was a brave move by RM moving Stones out wide but we suddenly looked a real threat down that side - Stones is that good on the ball.

McCarthy had been tosh but as soon as Barkley came on really stepped up a gear and showed how good he can be. There was a moment where he he actually got fouled on the edge of their area. They broke and McCarthy was the one to get in the tackle on the edge of our box.

He's not done that enough this season, no, but he showed why he's so important to us in the last half an hour (and extra time) last night.

I actually think he looked a lot better at CB! It was a brave move by RM moving Stones out wide but we suddenly looked a real threat down that side - Stones is that good on the ball.

McCarthy had been tosh but as soon as Barkley came on really stepped up a gear and showed how good he can be. There was a moment where he he actually got fouled on the edge of their area. They broke and McCarthy was the one to get in the tackle on the edge of our box.

He's not done that enough this season, no, but he showed why he's so important to us in the last half an hour (and extra time) last night.

Same. He was painfully slow in Midfield, slowing our already statue like midfield to a halt. But when he stuck him at the back, he was calm and composed, and didn't do too bad. Needs more game time.

Liked the look of him as an auxiliary centre half - problem the only reason he managed 120 minutes mind as he still looks sluggish and really unfit. Still think we're a better side with him in (if he's fit and firing). Probably the only other player in the squad with vision if Barkley, Osman & Pienaar aren't playing.

Think he wanted to keep McCarthy's energy in midfield

Same. He was painfully slow in Midfield, slowing our already statue like midfield to a halt. But when he stuck him at the back, he was calm and composed, and didn't do too bad. Needs more game time.

He worked at centre half last night because really Norwich weren't posing a threat to us on the deck or in open play. They were the better team, but almost all of their chances came from set-pieces. He had more space at the back and picked some decent passes. Stones bombing forward helped and he also had Del coming inside and getting into pockets.

I thought he did well enough. Considering he's lacking match fitness, he showed versatility, he's still able to pick a pass and after playing 120 mins he volunteered to take a penno, he hit that really well too. If he can get a bit of match fitness back I'd like to see him start. Love some of his through balls and the over the top ones.

The fact that some were gushing over the passing of a guy that hasn't played in forever, is clearly rusty and a tad off the pace just shows how much we really need a midfielder who can pass the ball and create things in their half. Not anti-Gibbo here just think that it highlights how much we really needed to buy that ACM in the summer.

I like Gibson, he looked really rusty in cm tho. They seemed to have so much more energy than us

Him going cb helped him and he looked strong in ET I thougHT

Fooking boss pen as well

Status
Not open for further replies.