Dare I ask ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before SKY invented Premier League football, Luton were once in the top flight believe it or not. Probably before your time but just wondering how did we actually play?
I remember Luton being in the old First Division and I'm convinced they would have beaten us today.
Even though they would now be in their eighties and Nineties.

Weve fallen that far away from them i dont even care about their results no more
I know what you mean and I agree, but I’ve just sat watched this RS spurs game with my RS mate and it’s cheered me up a little bit. I just shut my brain off to our crap results and try enjoy the rare wins.

...for a balanced viewpoint, but, how did we play today?
For me, started very well for 15-20mins, didnt take our chances, went a bit wayward for the next 15mins letting the 2 in, then got better the last 10 of 1st half, including hitting the bar and our goal, actually thought overall we did a lot better 1st half than the 2nd half. For me in the 2nd half we really didnt do anywhere near as much

Dont agree with the Luton boss acting as though they wee good for the 1st 35mins either lol

In one word, 'stale'... The manager did not know why we lost, which was evident in his presser (very concerning)... We know how Luton are set-up, it is similar to Forest. It wasn't a mistake to set-up our team in a peculiar way but it was a mistake to think it would be effective. Setting us up like that allows 4 midfielders to play like a flat top diamond. But the game play is not practiced or systematic, so the players look shocked when they receive the ball and then look for a pass forward. So even when we look like we are creating chances, these like awkward shouts during uncomfortable silences (best way to describe). So, our top heavy and Luton's bottom heavy formation allowed their forwards to get forward easily thereby winning set pieces from which they scored. Should have genuinely continued with Cup formation or started with Beto+DCL with Danjuma in behind.

...для сбалансированной точки зрения, но как мы сегодня играли?
11111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.