Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first time I've seen these drawings. And I have to say..it looks utterly boss.
Looks more like 60k I'm my non-architect humble opinion.

Get it built you whoppers. I can't wait

Not a fan me.

For one, from the outside, (which a lot of folk will see on pics and that), it doesnt look like a sports facility, let alone a football ground. Looks like a train station/warehouse/prison.

Imagine it. On a ferry/cruise liner over the tannoy. "And if you look left, further up from the Liver Building, there, that bit, its actually not a warehouse, no honest, its not, its a football stadium"

Not that iconic is it?

I am hopeful that Dan will bring us something with a unique mix of classic and modern, and I can't envision it without some brick/docklands design.

And I don't think/hope it won't be any ship design, I can't see that working.

Then again, I'm not an architect, probably for a reason.

I hope what he does is take certain things on board - BUT things that maybe come up that actually make sense but may have just never came up or occurred.

Example, west hams new stadium - they missed SO many opportunities to make that feel even a semblance more like home - stuff brought up by fan groups that they just brushed aside.

And if we are gonna just give a little pat on the head to history etc, i'd rather we did it by doing something that matters not at all like throwing in a few thousand seats from GP than by trying to recreate something from the ground or compromising a build trying to create a false link to GP.

As a interesting point btw, wonder if those 1878 seats are gonna be stuck in the area which is earmarked for safe standing? get the 'hardcore' in them and rip them out should the law change etc.
Rather than looking back at GP the design should have a statement about the city...something that associates the club in the mind obviously for the watching global audience.

It's our chance to regain that association that Liverpool FC have monopolised for decades.

How that should be done is his area of expertise.

Dan seemed to be taken by my suggestion that they incorporate fan bricks into the new structure and preserve our part in the development for perpetuity - with EitC benefiting

Porto have a wall with a brick/tile with the name of each person who sat int he seat for the inaugural game, impressive to see like

@MickA

Plus the world's largest military band. If anyone ever invades America, they're not going to start in Texas.

History has shown it can be done

red_dawn_map_1984_by_saint_tepes-d6w3iw7.png

Thats going to split a lot of fans. I get why some fans want that look but its not for me. Also, we were told a while back that it would be like nothing else except now its a Lucas Oil knock off. At this rate its going to be a non original so not iconic, medium sized stadium with a 'wall' at one end based on something that's actually twice the size than what we're getting.
I think it will end up a nice, imposing stadium but lets not kid ourselves in thinking it will be world class.

Like nothing else? Yes that was said but did you think a new material or building stadia was being invented for us? If it’s made of brick it doesn’t have to be a Lucas Oil stadium rip off just as if it’s made of steel it isn’t a Wembley rip off.

Have faith.

Plus the world's largest military band. If anyone ever invades America, they're not going to start in Texas.
We could easily invade the US. As we have Americas National March incorporated into one of our songs, we would walk right in, even get their military band to welcome us. Here we go, here we go, here we go.....

Status
Not open for further replies.