Cup quarter final memories, good and bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always remember the 1967 Nottingham Forest away quarter final as it was the Foinavon Grand national 100/1 shot.

Notts Forest 3: Everton 2 (1967) - British Pathe

www.britishpathe.com › video › notts-forest-3-everton-2
Jimmy Husband got Everton’s two goals, Andy Rankin got some stick after that game, Alex Young was very poor, it was a very muddy pitch and Youngs shorts were spotless at the end of the match, Forest player scored a hat trick Storey Moore.

What a rubbish day, Everton out of the cup and I have to rely on Scotland restricting France from not getting a bonus point on Friday. Just how did we throw that away?.

Sod all this “being proud in defeat” nonsense, I want trophies. Wont ever forget the phone call I got while history was made for French rugby; they scored when my workfriend was on the phone to me.

Still, they deserve it and need some national triumph after the Covid problems their country has been having.

Macari 91st minute sub for Duxbury. No idea if he assisted.
Think he did,God I felt sick at the end, we had played so very well,I remember thinking where is all this added time coming from?, no boards going up telling you back then, just up to the ref,I'm sure it was about eight extra minutes we endured and then thinking in the added on time how we were going to do them in the midweek replay at Goodison,then BANG,sickener!!!

There’s more of us than you,
There’s more of us than you
There’s more of us than you!!!
Madame Allezlesbleus was meant to be on a course but sacked it off and came on the train from London. Fortunately we got her a spare off an ESCLA guy on the train! Think we might have been on a Persil ticket on the train!! Remember them !!!!
I arranged a 16 seater mini bus from the alehouse and when it turned up it had a picture of a big squirrel on it and big letters underneath saying "Squirrel Tours"
Needless to say I got slaughtered for it

Best ones Newcastle 95 ( a kid watching at home)
Boro 09 buzzing over my fist trip to Wembley and thinking we would actually win it
Sunderland 12 what an away that was. Remembering being in a boozer and a Sunderland talking to his mate about how much he’s paid for the Train ticket to the semi , que laughter from me and my mates
Chelsea 16 some night in town after that after a few sad months for me and my family

worst Wigan but you know what grinders me down about that. I stayed out on county road and I had given up ale for 6 months for charity for testicle cancer and whilst everyone was [Poor language removed] smashed in the oak am more pissed off sober and not being able to drink away the [Poor language removed] pain

Also although city got Wigan in the final that year and we had city’s number back then, millwall in the semi, well they always have our number on the park when we play them anyway so knowing us we would of bottled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.