2017/18 Cuco Martina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made quite a few decent tackles if I'm not mistaken. Also floated in a beautiful cross that we should have finished
That was also with his left foot, which I didn't realize he actually had. He was fine tonight. You can't expect him to play beyond his talent. He's not going to be able to keep up with Atsu or Yedlin.

He was fine tonight, but let's be honest. He's singlehandedly forcing Sigurdsson to play about 100 yards from goal and run about 2 extra miles a match. Really looking forward to getting someone in with some pace and confidence.
Sigurdsson left him completely exposed at times, not the same cover that Lennon provides on the other wing.
He did well tonight. Shouts of 'the worst player in the last 3 years' are crazy.

He was fine tonight, but let's be honest. He's singlehandedly forcing Sigurdsson to play about 100 yards from goal and run about 2 extra miles a match. Really looking forward to getting someone in with some pace and confidence.
Even Tom Davies covered for him - not the worst player though Snides is a mystery to me ?

i know we have started getting a bit of solidity in the defence now, but surely we could put kenny at LB and then move holgate to RB maybe and then keane to come in next to williams? We can't keep playing martina imo.

For the level he can play, he was bloody world class tonight.

2nd half he actually lobbed on a really good performance. Credit where it's due.

Until we meet again Cuco on Monday, enjoy this victory you right footed left back who ain't good enough to be right back but we ain't got a left back even though you ain't a good left back either

Had a good first half I thought, got on the ball a decent amount out on the left and was neat & tidy in the main. Stuck to shackling Yedlin a bit more in the second.

You can tell he's become a bit more confident in his play over the last few games and I suppose that's a testament to Allardyce for sticking with him.

Had a good first half I thought, got on the ball a decent amount out on the left and was neat & tidy in the main. Stuck to shackling Yedlin a bit more in the second.

You can tell he's become a bit more confident in his play over the last few games and I suppose that's a testament to Allardyce for sticking with him.
Great when we play the bottom clubs - we lose out with Sig running miles to cover for him!

i know we have started getting a bit of solidity in the defence now, but surely we could put kenny at LB and then move holgate to RB maybe and then keane to come in next to williams? We can't keep playing martina imo.
no no no no no.

Holgate at CB with Kenny at RB is the reason our defence has tied up. Mainly that Holgate actually has the pace to make up for Williams lack of pace, Keane would be just make Williams a disaster again

Status
Not open for further replies.