Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton Sat 21st Jan KO 3pm

How good are our youngsters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was ready to post intensely frustrating result but highly encouraging performance until Coleman stepped up.
Moved on from hoofball to more controlled passing, strong defence, dominated the game, created chances and the youngsters are performing.
I've expressed my doubts about RK but all I can say about the last two performances is it's finally, and clearly, working. We're looking a real team.

For me, that's a bigger victory than man city. There is always going to chances against teams like city who leave themselves open at the back but for too long we've struggled to break down defensive negative teams like palace, sunderland etc after being the better team. With a bit of extra pace, power and creativity hopefully we can win more games like this!

COYB

For me, that's a bigger victory than man city. There is always going to chances against teams like city who leave themselves open at the back but for too long we've struggled to break down defensive negative teams like palace, sunderland etc after being the better team. With a bit of extra pace, power and creativity hopefully we can win more games like this!

COYB

We had enough good chances from what I saw to win 3-0. Good to see these kind of wins when the finishing isn't as quality/lucky as it was against City.

....you need to command your box against Palace and he did that brilliantly. Williams deserves a mention but I thought Holgate was class. As I said before the game, Palace would look to isolate him against Benteke but he managed it with real calm. The boy is a player.
Absolute quality, has been every game he's played as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.