Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've won 3 games in a row v Leeds Leicester and Southampton. I get we're rubbish but it's hardly city away ( who we drew with anyway) could get a win. Doubt it though as we are Everton

Loads of people talking about putting Mina in the starting lineup, I really don’t understand why? He’s out of contract in the summer, so doesn’t really care if we are relegated or not!

I appreciate Keane has come back in and we have started conceding cheap goals but Mina isn’t the answer IMHO

Maybe try putting Godfrey along side Tarks if he wants to press high or just persevere with Keane but only in a low block

Dyche shouldn’t start anyone who is out of contract in the summer or is on loan in these last 7 massive games unless he has no other choice

Clubs will be looking to sign Mina in the summer.

He will need to prove hes fit and able to play at a high level to receive the highest offers.

Ergo he needs to play well at max effort.

Really would roll the “Dyche”here and start Mina,would add a little snide,him and Tarkowski,if he crumbles so be it,Keane is on the bench,also will be a threat from set pieces,he’s going in the summer but for me this is a game to start him.

Pickford, Godfrey - Keane - Tarkowski - Myko
Gana - Onana - Gardner
Iwobi - DCL - Mc Neil

Not sure though on DCL, but i guess play him for 60 min then Simms. Simms is better when he comes on.
Or start with Gray through the middle and hope it is still 0-0 for DCL to come on :)

We need to be organised and solid to have any chance. Our only realistic chance of a win is through a clean sheet. If we turn up with another shambolic 442 system where there are miles of space between the lines, then we will get battered

I think we need to start with dcl if he’s fit. Not much point bringing of the bench if we are 2or 3 goals down.
Exactly. I am always of the opinion you start with your strongest XI. If DC is deemed fit enough to be able to come off the bench, then he's fit enough to start. Take the game to them, hope he has an impact and if he's only good for 45 minutes, so bet it, bring him off and at least we had a good go and can try to hold on for a draw in the second half if we haven't managed to get in front.

Surely the weird starting setup from the last 2 games won’t return. Pretty criminal to start it against Fulham; showed far too much confidence in our players, but it was corrected semi-quickly. We lost that game on attitude not so much shape.

We were benefitting massively from unchanged starting starting lineups and it’s all gone a bit smelly since we had to start chopping and changing. 6 months ago I’d never have thought the 2nd biggest issue in the club would be filling the gap left by Doucoure.

Palace had the worst form on the planet a few weeks ago and have no Zaha or first choice keeper. Should be one of our winnable games, but they have the confidence of PL safety and a loud shouty group in their crowd so I fear another crumbling disappointment.

We need to be at this from the off.
No slow start. 90 minutes of absolute concentation.
I like the idea of the fans being in early - but let's not build the atmosphere until kick off - then roar them on for every minute.
This is too important a match not to get something from it. Every player has to step up for this. They are playing for our survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.