Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy with the side personally. It’s clear that as fans you want players like Patterson to develop but it’s not like he’s ever hugely stepped up and made himself unstoppable next game.

If you combine that with the fact that Dyche clearly doesn’t think he can stick to the tactics as well as Young then it’s no surprise that he’s not getting picked.

Happy with the side personally. It’s clear that as fans you want players like Patterson to develop but it’s not like he’s ever hugely stepped up and made himself unstoppable next game.

If you combine that with the fact that Dyche clearly doesn’t think he can stick to the tactics as well as Young then it’s no surprise that he’s not getting picked.
I disagree with you. Patterson has had some very good games for Everton, and I think he is / was improving. I also think him and Harrison would compliment each other down the right, and both have lots of legs, energy, stamina.

I disagree with you. Patterson has had some very good games for Everton, and I think he is / was improving. I also think him and Harrison would compliment each other down the right, and both have lots of legs, energy, stamina.
I don’t disagree with you about the combination with Harrison but I really don’t think he has shown the kind of progress we have seen from Myko on the other side for example.

Like I say, I hope he does but he needs to be patient and next time he is in, he needs to show to Dyche that he can stick to a tactical plan as good as if not better than others. At the moment, he would be being selected just because we want to see him grow into the role which isn’t what Dyche is about

I don’t disagree with you about the combination with Harrison but I really don’t think he has shown the kind of progress we have seen from Myko on the other side for example.

Like I say, I hope he does but he needs to be patient and next time he is in, he needs to show to Dyche that he can stick to a tactical plan as good as if not better than others. At the moment, he would be being selected just because we want to see him grow into the role which isn’t what Dyche is about
Disagree with you here again. If anyone needs to learn about tactics, it’s Dyche, not Patterson. Dyche had the team playing with no midfield screen for the defence at the start of the season. That’s why Patterson and others, including Tarkowski looked poor. Because they were left with no midfield support.

Status
Not open for further replies.