Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lids

We is absolutely [not so good language removed] dismantling these lot, mark my words

Don't care if they've got Eze back, rest of their team is absolute garbo. Good centre back partnership tbf but Dom will put paid to that. He loves scoring against Palace

0-3

Our injuries and awful summer window did that more than anything, though it was fairly depressing watching us park the bus for 90 minutes at Burnley even if we won
I've actually time and respect for Roy, his desire to coach abroad, learn languages and culture, his taste in books, but I am disappointed the Viera eperiament came to such a conclusion and to see Palace slip back to a survival based brand of footy again is a shame

I've actually time and respect for Roy, his desire to coach abroad, learn languages and culture, his taste in books, but I am disappointed the Viera eperiament came to such a conclusion and to see Palace slip back to a survival based brand of footy again is a shame
The thing is I don't think anyone really expected us to go back to Bad Royball this season (and to be fair in a few games this season we were fun like Sheff Utd, Wolves and, er...) as we were so good to watch under Roy last season when he came back, I'd say better on the ball than at any point under Vieira. It's partly being unfortunate and partly tactical imo in that all the creativity was Eze's responsibility with Olise out, a more defensive midfield in Lerma and Doucoure behind him and workhorses on the wings who he can't really link up with as they have the technical ability of a snail.

The "project", whatever that is now, isn't really dead but as good a coach as Roy is he's not the man who'd best suited to it and I'd imagine this is his last season and we'll get in some good looking Iberian in the summer (Paulo Fonseca has to give in to our begging eventually)

These away games against mid table sides are the ones where I'm weirdly more confident, so am expecting a result here, which means what will happen now is 3-0 palace.

Our injuries and awful summer window did that more than anything, though it was fairly depressing watching us park the bus for 90 minutes at Burnley even if we won
Just had a look, had no idea your window was that bad, flew under the radar that

Status
Not open for further replies.