Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
....thought we were much better than them. We have quality but we really need ‘brilliance’ in the top third. Brilliance will be my word in the summer window.

I’ll go for Schneiderlin again as MoM. We might lose creativity without Gomes but we look solid with Schneiderlin. I wouldn’t trust the fella, but he’s been MoM the last two games.
I thought Gomes was sorely missed

Noticed the same thing. Benteke alone was down for 3 minutes so how can only 3 be added? It really is time to stop the clock on long stoppages and stop acting like added evens it out.

I hate the useless idiots who run this sport, they're so blind to all the issues with it. My brother said they had a game once and the ref had a Mic on and when it came to stoppage time he just said to the 4th official "I don't know how much to add on, we'll just say 3 mins yeah?"

All this pointing at watches when players complain about time wasting is utter rubbish, they make it up.

Well in lids. Deffo the better side in an awful game. Wind didn't help.
Yous did well not to have a shot on target,didnt expect that to be fair,how we did not score [Lewin's fault mostly 1st half ]in this game i dont know,but the longer it goes in a game everton deserve to win,the more i expect the worst to happen lol and conceed

I hate the useless idiots who run this sport, they're so blind to all the issues with it. My brother said they had a game once and the ref had a Mic on and when it came to stoppage time he just said to the 4th official "I don't know how much to add on, we'll just say 3 mins yeah?"

All this pointing at watches when players complain about time wasting is utter rubbish, they make it up.
Not to mention you absolutely have to hit the ground to get a foul called. If you don't play act and dive you'll get about 2 fouls a game. It's a mess

Don't think we were that bad. Compared to the Fulham game this was tons better and you were all wishing for a non-Fulham performance. The conditions were obviously bad. There was only one team trying to win the match, chances were created and they weren't taken for various reasons, bad luck played a huge part. I wouldn't say we were bad. Pretty typical against a side that parks the bus. A few sub-par performers unfortunately but we still played some pretty decent stuff at times.

A decent performance, we grabbed control of the game from the off, played some decent stuff again, unfortunately it all fell down for us in the final third with either poor pass selection or us fluffing our lines,"if" we want to be a top side, we really have to put these teams to the sword when we are on top though.Gueye outstanding and Schneiderlin another composed performance I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.