Credit where it’s due

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Horne's Love Child

Player Valuation: £500k
For the past 4 years I’ve held a yearly fundraiser for a charity that I’m closely involved with, for the past couple of years I’ve contacted our 3 local football clubs and this year contacted every organisation within liverpool one asking for any kind of donation towards gifts, vouchers or prizes that could be used as part of a raffle. The only positive response I got was from our club, a signed photo of Phil Jagielka, which was the 3rd year running the club have helped me out as I’ve previously had a squad signed football and been allowed access to Goodison for a photo shoot. I know it’s been a rough year, and no amount of moral high ground will make up for success on the pitch but I do think the community work we do should be applauded............as a gauge lfc have sent me the same generic rejection letter each year dispite having an L4 address and Tranmere have not once responded

For the past 4 years I’ve held a yearly fundraiser for a charity that I’m closely involved with, for the past couple of years I’ve contacted our 3 local football clubs and this year contacted every organisation within liverpool one asking for any kind of donation towards gifts, vouchers or prizes that could be used as part of a raffle. The only positive response I got was from our club, a signed photo of Phil Jagielka, which was the 3rd year running the club have helped me out as I’ve previously had a squad signed football and been allowed access to Goodison for a photo shoot. I know it’s been a rough year, and no amount of moral high ground will make up for success on the pitch but I do think the community work we do should be applauded............as a gauge lfc have sent me the same generic rejection letter each year dispite having an L4 address and Tranmere have not once responded

out of interest mate, what does the Liverpool generic rejection say?

out of interest mate, what does the Liverpool generic rejection say?

Yes it would be revealing to know.
Personally I would prefer an acknowledgment of some sort to nothing at all.

“We are inundated with charity appeals and unfortunately cannot accommodate every request. We wish you every success with your endeavours”

Yes it would be revealing to know.
Personally I would prefer an acknowledgment of some sort to nothing at all.

“We are inundated with charity appeals and unfortunately cannot accommodate every request. We wish you every success with your endeavours”
That's more than likely exactly what it is.

The outreach that the club does is great and a should be a source of pride. I used to work for a small-ish charity in town. The fundraising staff said both football clubs responded well to requests, but that Everton always went the extra mile (even the reds!).

That's more than likely exactly what it is.

your probably right, although I was hoping for something a bit more inflammatory that I could use a stick to beat them with

"thanks for your request however as a rule Liverpool Football Club does not negotiate with t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶s̶ charities"

Yeah the lfc response goes along the lines of telling me about all the charities that they do support followed by how as their a global club with millions of supporters, who receive thousands of requests, are proud of their local community work and that they are unfortunately unable to support my request. Now you’d think that such a global superpower who prides themselves on supporting the local community would be able to spare a pair of 3rd team socks or a James Milner calendar but turns out they can’t.

Yeah the lfc response goes along the lines of telling me about all the charities that they do support followed by how as their a global club with millions of supporters, who receive thousands of requests, are proud of their local community work and that they are unfortunately unable to support my request. Now you’d think that such a global superpower who prides themselves on supporting the local community would be able to spare a pair of 3rd team socks or a James Milner calendar but turns out they can’t.

scumbags haha

probably takes longer to type that rejection than it would to find a pair of old socks stuck behind a radiator in the dressing room

scumbags haha

probably takes longer to type that rejection than it would to find a pair of old socks stuck behind a radiator in the dressing room
No radiators in their changing room mate, they have an alternative heat source.
00037_Devils-Hell_amazon__26477.1434406536.386.513.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.