Crap Everton fullbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
NunoValenteEverton_189786.jpg

That period where we had 3 proper woeful left backs in him, Naysmith and Pistone.

Thankfully we started playing Lescott there.

How dare you. Valente was the tits.

Sort of.

Jacobsen wasn't that bad, nor was Valente. Hibbert and Earl Barrett for me, both awful players.

Crap RB since the establishment of Premier League and the top 5 are:

1 - Tony Thomas
2 - Paul Holmes
3 - Mitch Ward
4 - John O'Kane
5 - Earl Barrett

Peter Degn often played RM right so I don't see him as a RB.

Did Matteo Ferrari play enough games to be considered gash? We had an option to buy for £5 million I think but injury meant he only played a handful of games. Now plays for Montreal impact

One that got away was Brian Burrows sold to Coventry he was a cracking solid right back - Good job Gary Stephens came along shortly afterwards - I was impressed with Burrows, he was sold , but we have had bettter right backs than rubbish ones imo!

I honestly never warmed to Whiteside, he made me cry in 85, THE TREBLE FFS, 10 men, FFS, to think, that was the height of dissapointment back then, League Title, European trophy and crying over losing a Cup Final, spoilt, utterly spoilt.
norman was a fuken great footballer ,baSt@rd knees

We should have tried Barrett at Centre Half. He done a couple of games there and done well.

Richard Dunne was a waste at right back loads as well rather than at Centre Half.

anyone remember kenny sansom getting wheeled out onto the pitch on his 44th birthday or something like that, great player in his day and all that but was well past his sell by date when we snapped him up, complete embarrasment of a deal by the club.........i think he then actually scored on his debut if not mistaken ha ha

Jacobsen wasn't that bad, nor was Valente. Hibbert and Earl Barrett for me, both awful players.

Jacobsen was the only full back in recent years that made Hibbo look good!

It would appear that since Gary Stevens we have had one good full back:

Leighton Baines

A few average full backs:

Phil Neville
Nuno Valente
Steve Watson
Andy Hinchcliffe

And a hell of of lot of ****e ones

Hibbert used to be a bit shyte but I'd actually go as far as saying he's good these days.

Yep, Hibbo is good. Come at me.

anyone remember kenny sansom getting wheeled out onto the pitch on his 44th birthday or something like that, great player in his day and all that but was well past his sell by date when we snapped him up, complete embarrasment of a deal by the club.........i think he then actually scored on his debut if not mistaken ha ha

Kinell yeah,I remember Kendall going on about the fact he would be another Paul Power for us,how fat was Sansom when we signed him?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.