County Road Bobblers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portoman

Player Valuation: £500k
Anyone listened to this on Spotify? I presume that those on the podcast are likely to be members here too (or maybe not).

I gave it a few minutes , couldn’ t take any more negativity. These things don’t age well , things like selling Simms and others for too little have been well discussed , it just becomes yet another opinion hardly cutting edge , so what , it’s weeks later , move on 🤷‍♂️

If the transfer money from sales is going towards keeping the lights on why were we bidding for Gnonto on deadline day?
Not sure I believe things are quite as bad as that. Presumably it would be widely reported in the media if so. Things clearly aren’t good but presumably the tightening of the purse strings is to do with improving the balance sheet due to FFP and/or investment or sale. Obviously the pot of cash that Usmanov had is no longer available to us so we’re basically covering our costs and no more one imagines.

But if we’re selling Iwobi just to pay the leccy bill I’d imagine the administrators would already be coming in.

Not sure I believe things are quite as bad as that. Presumably it would be widely reported in the media if so. Things clearly aren’t good but presumably the tightening of the purse strings is to do with improving the balance sheet due to FFP and/or investment or sale. Obviously the pot of cash that Usmanov had is no longer available to us so we’re basically covering our costs and no more one imagines.

But if we’re selling Iwobi just to pay the leccy bill I’d imagine the administrators would already be coming in.
Combined revenue (TV/Tickets/Commercial deals) is about 180m a year. Our monthly costs are about 15m. Yeah they've come down, but our borrowing (and therefore interest) has shot up.

We're not selling due to FFP, we're selling to pay bills and build a stadium. Neither come cheaply.

Danjuma - loan
Young - bosman
Harrison - loan
Chermitti - staggered payments. (just over 3m paid so far)
Beto - NO payment until next year and that's also staggered.

All the money in since Usmanov lost his ATM card has gone on running costs and stadium.

It's the reality we're in. To believe otherwise, well.....i can't help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.