2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let him and Mina going is a crazy decision that will backfire on us. We just don't have the finances to buy another center back bearing in mind how short we are upfront. Going into next season with the likely tark and keane duo at the back smells relegation to me...there is the question mark over Braithwaite but not sure if he is ready to start every week in the premier league. Not a great start to the important work dyche keeps talking about...
Well he not gone yet so maybe he staying and they waiting to announce it

Surely you will activate the small buy option, or is wages the issue ?
Think it depends on what system Dyche wants to play. I know it's been said before a lot, but he was a lot better in the few games we played a back 3, and he had a poor run of form playing in a back 4, and got dropped. We went back to a 3 on Sunday and he had a very good game.

If Dyche has no intention of playing a back 3 again, then it wouldn't make sense to sign him.

….I wonder if this decision will impact the future of Branthwaite. I hope not as Coady could be a good man to have in the dressing room next season alongside Branthwaite. His reaction to the win on Sunday said a lot about him.

Some glowing reports on Branthwaite from PSV. The fact he can perform so well in a foreign league and a foreign country at 20 years og age says lots about his temperament, his application, his professionalism, his application & his intellect.

If he was half as good as his talking we should keep him on. However he is quite limited in how we can play him and let's not forget his alarming dip in form half way through this season. Dyche made the call to drop him to the bench for a good reason.

He's a good professional but I dont think we should take up any option to buy. IMO he's played his last game for the club.

Leaves the club with appreciation from the fans for his mentality in a difficult season. Ultimately though, this is a good sign - don't sign players who don't fit with the long term plan purely on sentimentality/intangibles. I'm sure he'll go to Sheffield and do really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.