2022/23 Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only need one aged stalwart in defence and we already have Tarkowski.

He turns 30 in 2 weeks. Who knows how much longer his legs will last to PL standard, but given he's never been remotely quick (which is almost certainly why the RS sold him off), I wouldn't think he'll age all that well. There's an old saying of "Let your players lose their legs on someone else's pitch". So I'd think its best to send him back and look for a competent replacement or promote from within like Welch.

He turns 30 in 2 weeks. Who knows how much longer his legs will last to PL standard, but given he's never been remotely quick (which is almost certainly why the RS sold him off), I wouldn't think he'll age all that well. There's an old saying of "Let your players lose their legs on someone else's pitch". So I'd think its best to send him back and look for a competent replacement or promote from within like Welch.

I’m not sure any of this makes sense. If he WAS fast then you’d worry about him getting older but defenders that were never quick aren’t affected at all by getting older. Frankly they usually get better.

Alternate view, if you never had pace you will never lose it.
Source: over 35s football Sunday football.

Like other players around the country, he's been poor since the world cup. When you have 4 CB's on the bench and the defence is leaking goals surely its time to have a bit of a shake up in the back line. I'd consider Mina and Godfrey in the line up for Leeds over Coady and Myko

He's alright and that's about it. At least one of your two CB's need to be quick to be able to make recovery runs, with him and Tarkowski we're so limited.

I think he's be an alright squad player but not sure he'd want to sit on our bench. If we went down he'd be fantastic in the Championship.

Like other players around the country, he's been poor since the world cup. When you have 4 CB's on the bench and the defence is leaking goals surely its time to have a bit of a shake up in the back line. I'd consider Mina and Godfrey in the line up for Leeds over Coady and Myko

This is deffo one I`d bring Mina back in for.

Can't believe some of you idiots are asking for Keane back in the side ahead of this guy.

You're all mental.
I'm seeing a lot of shouts for him up front because he toe poked a shot in v palace during a set piece melee
Imagine him turning, running, staying onside, freaking out on his own up front
I sometimes wonder if some fans actually watch football

Status
Not open for further replies.