Confirmed Signing Conor Coady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Congratulations. Completely different situation. Coady would be implemented into the style/formation we play. Im not trying to convince you of my opinion. It's mine so I'm entitled to it. Not saying you're wrong either. Unlikely to even sign but he improves us from the outset if so. More leaders on the pitch the better, can sort the dross out as required.

Couldn't care less who he supports. They've had enough blues in their ranks after all.

Coady is a decent defender with 10 times the leadership ability of Michael Keane.
Is right @Milkman. Who you support as a boy has sod all to do with what you become as a professional player.
The rs have had numerous boyhood Blues in their ranks, while we have had a few really good rs boyhood fans on our playing staff. Professionalism is the key word here, and if he wants first team togger and wants to sign, then I welcome him.

Bring it on!

Don't think we need him. Tarkowski and Mina are much better and Godfrey has the potential to be much better too same with Branthwaite who'd be back next year, no point bringing a third choice at best CB for the sake of a year, especially when other areas need more attention. Don't think he'd be as cheap as we'd want to pay for a third choice CB either.

The article I read said it could be on loan, but if we loan him and start him ahead of one of our 5 CB's that seems a bit mad. I guess if we stick with a back 5 having 6 CB's makes sense because of injuries, suspensions and fatigue. But it also said he wants to leave Wolves so he can get games and hopefully go to the World Cup! I mean you have to back yourself but he must be behind about 8 people for CB position in the England.

Congratulations. Completely different situation. Coady would be implemented into the style/formation we play. Im not trying to convince you of my opinion. It's mine so I'm entitled to it. Not saying you're wrong either. Unlikely to even sign but he improves us from the outset if so. More leaders on the pitch the better, can sort the dross out as required.
Tarkowski already filled the from the outset spot. Sign someone who can improve us for more than a couple of years.

He's crap
He isn't though. He's in his peak years and the only concern everyone has is that he won't have any sell on value and the obvious price.
Not all older defenders turn out like Williams. We've had Gough who was in his mid 30s and Weir was bang average till he turned 30. Keane was crap when he turned 27. Distin was immense in the first few years. Coady is a good defender and not liable to put up with Keane's antics.

Makes huge sense. Ideal type of a plyer for the centre of back 5. Almost never misses a game and is a leader you want in your defence. Believe Keane, Godfrey, Holgate or even Coleman would actually look solid in back 5 next to him and Tarkowski. Underrated passer of the ball as well. Would also likely allow us to move Mina as he has just one year left on huge wages and is almost never healthy to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.