CONFIRMED: Moyes Leaving - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
talkSPORT ‏@talkSPORT

Breaking: David Moyes is the new manager of Manchester United #mufc http://bit.ly/18tvsuC

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...es-appointed-manchester-united-manager-197137

David Moyes is the new manager of Manchester United.
The former Everton boss has agreed a deal at Old Trafford and will join the club at the end of the season.

Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement on Wednesday and the Red Devils have acted quickly to land the ex-Preston man.

More follows...

It's done, well according to TalkSport.

If moyes goes i'm not even going to give another manager a chance, i am going to come on here and fume!!! no one and i mean no one can do what moyes does. Dont forget if it wasnt for moyes we would be playing our derby games against southport.

there was no everton before the great man and we will dissapear when he has gone.

fouth division here we come!!!

*cries uncontrollably*

Hahahaha.

If David does go he should be replaced by someone with a silky shirt, big sidees and a gnarly gold chain. I would like that.

Why people seem to think the men who decided to knock down a wall to build on land they had no rights to will hire a good manager based on their one good decision of hiring Moyes over a decade ago is beyond me.

Based on the past decade of [Poor language removed] ups from our board, i'd say the likelihood is the replacement won't be great.

To be fair you have a pretty good point.

I don't think of him as flawless and even I can see he is going to have it tough. But being well backed like he will be at Old Trafford and having the pick of the best players in the world will transform Moyes I think. Like I said, it's an infinitely more organic appointment, with a view to the long term, unlike Mourinho.

I think organic is the worst word to be honest. In terms of football philosophies and proven ability they're at opposite ends of the scale, Moyes and SAF. And how can there be a long term with a global excess-of-success fanbase like theirs? 99% of them will scream "Moyes out" if he doesn't deliver immediately, in my opinion.

The thing I never understood about the whole "Moyes does well with little money, so imagine what he will do with lots of money" line of thinking is that it's a completely different thing. Moyes' had a few expensive buys here and only Fellaini will go down as a good one, but to be fair I accept that's perhaps a debatable topic -- after all he was supposed to want Hazard, Moutinho and Dzeko years ago, who'd surely have been seen as good signings.

It's speculative, at the end of the day. It seems a gamble for them, and that in itself if why I think it's so crazy. They could have plenty of managers who are more attuned and accustomed to experiencing and delivering the success they'll demand.

"You mean I can spend 15M on one player and I won't have to sell anyone?".."Yes David, that's how it works here"..

Status
Not open for further replies.