Confirmed: Martinez New Everton Manager - All Reaction Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing about Neville mate is something I've been meaning to bring up. Good servant so I aint gonna bash him ( too much ) but what I've liked so far is Jags just staying in the background as a captain a lot more. I ****ing hated the weekly rallying bull**** cries from Neville on a daily basis. I think Jags is a little bit more laid back and doesn't feel the need to be chatting **** on an hourly basis.

Neville had to come out and remind everyone how early he goes to bed and how many bananas he eats because that's all he had going for him. I feel a lot better seeing Jagielka lead by example.

Since he swaggered in and had to endure BK gushing over DM in his own press conference the man hasnt put a foot wrong.

From his 'we can get champions league' to his 'nothing but the best' - every single time hes spoken ive wanted to listen. ive watched every press conference he has done online, either live or on the web.

He has this magnetism that just draws you in and makes you love him. Full on man crush.

I love the man. Thank Man Utd every sat for taking the Grinch of our hands.

I see Zonal Marking website will be doing a tactical review of all the main new managers in place around Europe, and will include Roberto.

Hopefully be up in next few weeks. Great site if you are into tactical reviews. Generally on the ball. Have had some excellent match reviews on us over the last couple seasons.

Neville had to come out and remind everyone how early he goes to bed and how many bananas he eats because that's all he had going for him. I feel a lot better seeing Jagielka lead by example.

I thank the lord every day that phoney doesn't play for us anymore, what kind of example are you setting when the captain of your team has the same footballing ability as Simon Weston's eyebrow?

Have just seen David Moyes interview followed by Jose Mourinho on sky.

Makes you proud that we have Martinez representing Everton in the media. Such a likeable and intelligent man, and one of respect.

Mourinho comes out with 'its one thing to play for Everton, another for Chelsea'. Little class and no idea of history, as well as being very stubborn. And moyes has come across quite smug since being at utd. Much prefer listening to Roberto - top man.

Have just seen David Moyes interview followed by Jose Mourinho on sky.

Makes you proud that we have Martinez representing Everton in the media. Such a likeable and intelligent man, and one of respect.

Mourinho comes out with 'its one thing to play for Everton, another for Chelsea'. Little class and no idea of history, as well as being very stubborn. And moyes has come across quite smug since being at utd. Much prefer listening to Roberto - top man.

He needs to just **** off now.

He's old hat.

http://sport.bt.com/sportfootball/f...e-martinez-is-different-class-S11363838423859

Chairman Bill speaks:

Bill Kenwright is an emotional man, a passionate chairman, who has cried in the directors’ box over the highs and lows of his beloved Everton - but rarely, if ever, does he give interviews.

The Toffees chief made an exception to talk to BT Sport on the eve of our televised clash between Manchester City and Everton at the Etihad Stadium.

Kenwright’s wish is that, at the end of it, the Toffees remain the only unbeaten team in the Premier League.

If that wish is granted, it might be time to bring out the handkerchief again, but the new-look Everton under Roberto Martinez face one of their most demanding tasks as opposite number Manuel Pellegrini aims to gets his stuttering City side back on track in the race for the Premier League title.

Dave (Whelan) said to me ‘I am passing on the best manager I’ve seen in 60-odd years in football. He is a one-off’."

Bill Kenwright
Kenwright hasn’t spoken about his new manager since the day Martinez took over from David Moyes, with whom the Everton chairman had a close and personal relationship.

However heart-wrenching it must have been to have lost Moyes to Manchester United, the Toffees currently sit five points clear of United – so how does Kenwright feel about that?

“I don’t want to comment on that!” came the instant reply.

But while the theatre impresario was not keen to talk about Moyes’ difficult bedding-in period at United, he was more than happy to wax lyrical about Martinez and the influence he has had on Everton in such a short space of time.

When Kenwright came calling to Wigan for the Spaniard, Latics chairman Dave Whelan told him he was getting a diamond.

The Everton chairman explained: “Dave said to me ‘I am passing on the best manager I’ve seen in 60-odd years in football. He is a one-off’.

“He also told me Roberto was the nicest guy he had ever met in his life, the most positive and straightforward, and he was right.”

Unbeaten record

Everton have won three and drawn three of their six Premier League games this season and Kenwright admitted: “It would be absolutely glorious and indeed fitting if we could go into the international break with our unbeaten record intact.

“For me and for Everton that is all that matters right now, as it would be a fitting tribute to the manager. I have watched him from the moment he came to this club and he has performed extraordinarily.

“The way he has set about the club from the very start of the season, his whole approach has been different class.

“Did I say from the start of the new season? No, I would say from day one, from the moment he took over the football club.”

Kenwright took a call from Martinez as we were speaking and revealed: “He is arranging a ‘surprise, surprise’ moment for an Evertonian, that’s the way he is.

“He’s preparing for a big game, but he is a hero in the way he does things. I know what Dave Whelan meant now.”

Martinez is not the only one making Kenwright smile. Teenage midfielder Ross Barkley is giving the chairman every reason to be proud after being named in Roy Hodgson’s squad for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Kenwright added: “Evertonians love nothing more than one of their own sons coming through the ranks. Ross is special, very special, and we are all enjoying watching him emerge as a great local talent.”

One last point on the stats front: regardless of the goals per game (not massively impressive) I've never seen a team create and then subsequently miss more chances than Wigan. The season before last I saw them conjure up a few misses of the season in a single game. I've actually rarely seem them dominated under Martinez, they usually were the better side whenever I saw them including several games against us. They coupled this infuriating chance-missing with some unforgivable defensive errors: as a defensive unit they weren't even always terrible, they have given some terrific defensive displays when called upon - Blackburn, Arsensl and Liverpool away when they stayed up year before last spring to mind. They also completely shut us out this year what we all recognise as one of the best away performances at Goodison by any team never mind Wigan. I would, therefore, not be overly concerned by how Sky and others have portrayed the (admittedly negative) stats. Have faith that with a much more capable group of players and a far more forgiving budget we will fare better. In principle, I would regard Martinez as near perfect: everything from his impeccable character to his commendable philosophy are excellent. It is time for that to be put into practice; it's a shame things didn't go better for Wigan, but I have every confidence they will for us. It's a new dawn - and I am going to savour every minute of Martinez' sunrise.

What's our name?

Mask slipped.

HOLLA
Do me a favour please guys, because I'm still really underwhelmed by him. Convince me he's a good manager for us right now.

He also got Wigan relegated this season, and just about missed it in the 3 seasons before. Cups mean nothing in the face of that.

Try again.

Can't get excited about the appointment, if anything I am gutted. Now we'll be linked with players from the Wigan squad....Nice one!? They've just gone down.

What an unnerving appointment. I hope we can scramble a top 10 finish with him. IMWT etc.

I am concerned with that too but we have to wait and see if he is any good now. He has just been appointed.

We need someone defensively minded under Bobby now, his record at Wigan proves that.

Were Doomed!

I'm very uninspired by this appointment if I'm honest. I think the signings he makes, if any this summer, will be a good indication of how things will go for us under him.

I will support him but I am not happy.

Any manager who puts a trophy before league survival is a dangerous one in my opinion.

He's won more than Moyes as people say but at what cost.

You are wasting your time here mate, they won't listen. Just sit back and see if Martinez is up for the job. If not, we can come back and moan (and of course I fear he may sign some crap players this summer).

This is a choice what's best for kenright not Everton

I've got to be completely honest, I just saw the Wigan manager sitting in an Everton press conference with a chairman still gutted about David Moyes, who was mentioned more than Martinez. Not exactly inspiring stuff but... well, we'll give him a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.