Clint Dempsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just so limited, theres not a single attribute I can think of other than work rate that would improve our team

They only paid 1.25M and 12K/week for him????? Wow, to think he makes about 1/8 of what Darren Bent and Freddie Lungberg makes.

Lungberg is making about $1.4 million a season playing for the Seattle Sounders FC. 12k/week is just over $1 million a season.

That's more like 5.7/8 of what Lungberg is making.

Lungberg is making about $1.4 million a season playing for the Seattle Sounders FC. 12k/week is just over $1 million a season.

That's more like 5.7/8 of what Lungberg is making.

West Ham is picking up the other 14 zillion I think. West Ham signed him for like 4 years at 80+k/week when biscuit was passing out money like biscuits.

He's just so limited, theres not a single attribute I can think of other than work rate that would improve our team

He's a decent player and would fit in well. He's technically quite decent for an American and would add abit of strength to the team but i admit, anything over 4 million would be getting over the top like.

4 million is a great price for Dempsey, of all our summer prospects this is probably the one i'm most excited about, he can be an immense improvement to our team without having to spend an absurd amount. Dempsey could be the answer to our right midfield question, which is really the only position out of our starting 11 that is lacking.

More than his work rate, he has good technical finishing ability and he's decent on the ball. But of course, everyone on this site is going to say any american is overrated regardless of how much they cost or what they've accomplished, so why discuss it ;)

Dempsey is a good player, no question, but he is best suited to the cahill type role, he doesn't have the pace i was hoping for if we were to sign him as a right mid.

-Jeez with think with all the Steven Hunt hate you'd think he was American. In actuality right now hunt is a better player. However given the choise I'd sign Dempsey because LW isn't a priority and though they are the same age Dempsey doesn't have nearly as many miles on him, is still learning the game and has room to improve.

Dempsey isn't a solution at RW though. I personally think he's a below avg RW. He's a heck of a striker though and in our system in could get about 10 a season for us.

4 million is a great price for Dempsey, of all our summer prospects this is probably the one i'm most excited about, he can be an immense improvement to our team without having to spend an absurd amount. Dempsey could be the answer to our right midfield question, which is really the only position out of our starting 11 that is lacking.

More than his work rate, he has good technical finishing ability and he's decent on the ball. But of course, everyone on this site is going to say any american is overrated regardless of how much they cost or what they've accomplished, so why discuss it ;)

Couldn't agree more, Toff! ;) (with all of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.