Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were lucky, no doubt about it, and game should arguably have been out of sight by the time Branthwaite slotted

Anyone who thinks our troubles are over need only look at Michael Keane's positioning for that late Thiago header. Sprints on his own to the first post, completely leaving him to get a free header. Bizarre. Iwobi was also shocking from what I saw, offers nothing

On the other hand the game was revealing of who in the second string squad are good enough to retain and/or give a shot at more first time action. Godfrey, Branthwaite, Gordon were all excellent. Thought JPG looked quite sharp when he came on, as did Lewis Dobbin.

Great result, but I am loathe to celebrate a draw

We were lucky, no doubt about it, and game should arguably have been out of sight by the time Branthwaite slotted

Anyone who thinks our troubles are over need only look at Michael Keane's positioning for that late Thiago header. Sprints on his own to the first post, completely leaving him to get a free header. Bizarre. Iwobi was also shocking from what I saw, offers nothing

On the other hand the game was revealing of who in the second string squad are good enough to retain and/or give a shot at more first time action. Godfrey, Branthwaite, Gordon were all excellent. Thought JPG looked quite sharp when he came on, as did Lewis Dobbin.

Great result, but I am loathe to celebrate a draw

We lose that game 9 times out of 10.

Can’t we terminate Iwobi’s contract, he’s absolutely terrible, it boils my piss every time I see him on the pitch fraudulently claiming to be a footballer.

We’ve had many poor players at Everton over the years but most of them have tried but Wobes looks like he’s never played before. I honestly think he’s the worst we’ve ever had.

No head patting here, but we aren’t playing well at all. Clearly we’re not as crap as your mob at the moment but very average sides have caused us problems. You have a puncher’s chance and I’ll put £10 on Everton at 12s to mitigate against potential disappointment. A draw is certainly a distinct possibility too, as if we don’t score early we sulk.
Game set and match there mate

Can’t we terminate Iwobi’s contract, he’s absolutely terrible, it boils my piss every time I see him on the pitch fraudulently claiming to be a footballer.

We’ve had many poor players at Everton over the years but most of them have tried but Wobes looks like he’s never played before. I honestly think he’s the worst we’ve ever had.
If only, I thought we might have done this with Gbamin at some point but it never seems to happen in footy for some reason. I did notice that a Rugby player recently agreed a mutual termination from a club after playing 1 game then being injured for 18 months.

If only, I thought we might have done this with Gbamin at some point but it never seems to happen in footy for some reason. I did notice that a Rugby player recently agreed a mutual termination from a club after playing 1 game then being injured for 18 months.
I just find it insulting to fans who pay good money to my o watch these guys and Wobes on his £50k a week doesn’t seem to give two fecks.

A Good result considering Chelsea squad depth, means that they were able field a strong side despite those injuries/illness. Congrats on earning the point, it felts like a win, considering our injuries and form.

We could play with spirit against a "big six" side, but we can't against outside of big six. This is a recurring problem - these group of players can't perform when something is expected of them. I won't be surprise if we see an abject performance against Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle.

But for now, let us enjoy the point earned.

Down to team selection and tactics.

It was nice to have a decision to make for a change.I went for Pickford not just the saves he made but the confidence he had throughout the game .I could've easily gone for Gordon or Branthwaite like i say good to have choice.

Winner of this season's Nyarko award.

Status
Not open for further replies.