Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Onto the next game we came up against a better side with quality all over the pitch. We are what we are and that’s not at their level yet but we’re progressing and we’re still in a fantastic position. No biggy for me this game it went as I expected

He’s our top scorer and in the England squad. Ok he’s been quiet tonight, but that is a knee jerk reaction.
No knee jerk reaction here, I know he’s done well but going forward I think we need much better, I just don’t think he’s anything special, he’s had a few purple patches and you say in the England squad he maybe but he’s light years behind Harry Kane.

What I learned tonight:
Holgate can't get a good cross.
Bernard can't produce anything.
DCL is better in the middle than out wide.
We are a mid table team.

Good night

But the manager cant make poor players play above their level. We're 5th, game in hand etc. We are not shipping goals left rightt and centre like we have under the past few managers. We have some structure. CA can't make players suddenly have balls on the ball, alot of these players have failed under a few managers now. He's getting what he can from them.

You say one of the leagues best forwards but his goals have all been within 8 yards of goal. Up to the midfield to get us to those 8 yards when he hasn't shown himself capable of smashing the ball home from 18 yards.

CA is doing what he can to get us results, while making us better defensively and slowly improving things. It takes time. I understand completely what you are saying @BlueToff but ultimately it takes patience. CA been here not long over a year and we have been in such a big mess I'm sure you'd agree.

I know you haven't said you're unhappy with CA, or that we are 5th, but I think its an important point to take in when considering the bigger picture. I'd prefer we start passing the ball around properly and being courages on it. I just dont expect that from Gomes, Doucoure, Davies (to his credit has been 10x better but will never be a sharp passer), Siggurdsson, Iwobi..

One step at a time. Lets try and get europe, improve the starting XI in summer, go from there. I get the frustration, nothing annoys me more seeing Gomes playing when he just so careless both on and off the ball, but just think big picture.
Those two points actually contradict each other.

Attacking systems and shapes can be worked on with Sunday league players, mate. We look next to clueless unless it's from knockdowns and a quick pass.

On your point on Dom, so what? We have a player who is extremely clinical in front of goal from close range. So get him into that position. Move players around. Be positive on the ball. Don't expect him to hit one in from 18 yards because we know that's not his game.

I am unhappy with Carlo yes. Because we attack in the same way every game and it's entirely predictable. I'm unhappy with him for that. I'm thrilled with him for pretty much everything else.

But he's been here 15 months. In that time, you should manage to have found the right balance between being able to defend but also create some meaningful moments.

We've come away from that game having not really forced Mendy into a proper save. That's crap. Because we still had our best attackers on the pitch bar James.

Status
Not open for further replies.