Match Thread Chelsea vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to start putting together attacks.

It should not be beyond Ancelotti and his team to have that defensive solidity in place while also have us to be able to attack.

We can scream the players all we want. But it's on the manager to sort it.

We've not tested their defence. We've not created a clear chance, despite having one of the league's best forwards this season up top.

But the manager cant make poor players play above their level. We're 5th, game in hand etc. We are not shipping goals left rightt and centre like we have under the past few managers. We have some structure. CA can't make players suddenly have balls on the ball, alot of these players have failed under a few managers now. He's getting what he can from them.

You say one of the leagues best forwards but his goals have all been within 8 yards of goal. Up to the midfield to get us to those 8 yards when he hasn't shown himself capable of smashing the ball home from 18 yards.

CA is doing what he can to get us results, while making us better defensively and slowly improving things. It takes time. I understand completely what you are saying @BlueToff but ultimately it takes patience. CA been here not long over a year and we have been in such a big mess I'm sure you'd agree.

I know you haven't said you're unhappy with CA, or that we are 5th, but I think its an important point to take in when considering the bigger picture. I'd prefer we start passing the ball around properly and being courages on it. I just dont expect that from Gomes, Doucoure, Davies (to his credit has been 10x better but will never be a sharp passer), Siggurdsson, Iwobi..

One step at a time. Lets try and get europe, improve the starting XI in summer, go from there. I get the frustration, nothing annoys me more seeing Gomes playing when he just so careless both on and off the ball, but just think big picture.

Disappointed with the lost but no having all of our players healthy hurts a lot when playing matches such as this one.

I'm still hopeful we will do better against Burnley.

We've been beaten by a better team with a full squad. DCL and Gomes have looked lethargic at times. The striker not knowing what to be up to when hes not in the 6 yard box. I wasn't expecting a win tonight but would have loved any sort of result. But I think we can go ahead in the next three matches as long as Carlo can tweak our system to have an extra body up front. Maybe a 4-3-3 instead of the 4-2-3-1 hes been utilising.

Any chance we could start the boys on some Caffeine drinks as I've heard they can improve performance short term.

4th is still within reach against teams in the form that Chelsea are in you need to be switched on as a unit and be more clinical with your opportunities. The lads put the effort in but I don't think that we are far from that Chelsea team on our best day in terms of ability on the pitch. Let's come again and go forward. COYB!

Status
Not open for further replies.