Changing the team EVERY week

Status
Not open for further replies.

markDee

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Successful teams always keep the same team, using their squad players only through injuries, as subs late on, or during cup games.

Martinez changes the team ever single game. Even when we win he brings in other players such as Barry and Naismith Etc.

How are the players ment to gel when they have a different player next to them every week. It's been one of our main problems this year

Successful teams always keep the same team, using their squad players only through injuries, as subs late on, or during cup games.

Martinez changes the team ever single game. Even when we win he brings in other players such as Barry and Naismith Etc.

How are the players ment to gel when they have a different player next to them every week. It's been one of our main problems this year

Alex Ferguson went 4 years without picking the same 11 two games in a row.

Having continuity in team selections only works when you've got a fully fit squad and the players are playing well, neither of that's been the case here all season so it's not fair to use it as a stick to beat Martinez with.

Having continuity in team selections only works when you've got a fully fit squad and the players are playing well, neither of that's been the case here all season so it's not fair to use it as a stick to beat Martinez with.
He did it last season aswell tho, when Barkley had a great game one week, he'd bring in osman the next. Sunderland on Boxing Day for example.

If someone comes in and does well there out as soon as his favourites are back. (Howard,barry) you can't use injuries as an excuse all the time it's been happening since he 1st arrived

He did it last season aswell tho, when Barkley had a great game one week, he'd bring in osman the next. Sunderland on Boxing Day for example.

If someone comes in and does well there out as soon as his favourites are back. (Howard,barry) you can't use injuries as an excuse all the time it's been happening since he 1st arrived

Well given we did very well last season I'd say it shows it means nothing to how a team performs over the course of a season, so I'm not sure what your point is?

He can but only if you have the squad of Chelsea. Our back-up are Alcaraz, McGeady and Kone.

Last edited:

Not quite sure of your whole point here mate. You suggest he makes changes every game then tell us he's picking his favourites all the time. Kinda goes against your initial point. Injuries aside our back 5, central 2 and striker have been pretty much consistent. Granted he changes around the 2 wide players and whoever gets to play behind Rom. Even then though he uses Barkley and Naismith (all too) regularly. Mirallas either ain't fit or can't be arsed and McGeady has been out. Lennon would have played last night if not for being cup tied.

You're being pedantic though. I think he has a point; we rotated too much.

Clearly we didn't manage the Europa well as we've had loads of injuries and awful, awful league form so all rotation has done in my eyes is unsettle the team.

However the key rotation problem in my opinion is that of the formation/setup. The players never seem to know where they are or what they're meant to be doing. Good teams managing a lot of games play the same core, and rotate the less intrinsic players. Chelsea rotate a lot but generally Mourinho will always play players like Fabregas, Costa, Hazard etc as they are the fulcrum of his team. Key positions in our team get rotated too often and the ones that don't perhaps should, eg Barry and Martinez's obsession with always playing him in spite of form.

I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe you.

I've said this previously pal.

I've never had it so difficult to predict the starting 11.

I don't think the manager knows his "best" 11.

The EL exit and going a week between games now will sort this out pretty much.

You have to accept that Europe/domestic cup games > league games 3/4 days later has had an enormous impact on team selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.