Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only teams in the league better than us at this moment are the RS and Spurs. But we need more consistency. Getting beat by a poor Man U team and getting rolled over by Southampton who aren't bad to be fair and a poor Newcastle side says we need improvement and that can only be by bringing in new blood and mentality.

The only teams in the league better than us at this moment are the RS and Spurs. But we need more consistency. Getting beat by a poor Man U team and getting rolled over by Southampton who aren't bad to be fair and a poor Newcastle side says we need improvement and that can only be by bringing in new blood and mentality.

Chelsea and United are better than us in top form. I’d say we have the 9th best squad in the league (behind the sky six, Leicester, and Wolves) but we have a better manager than 5 of those teams, and our very best players (Richarlison, James, Digne) are better than any players Wolves or Leicester have.

Chelsea and United are better than us in top form. I’d say we have the 9th best squad in the league (behind the sky six, Leicester, and Wolves) but we have a better manager than 5 of those teams, and our very best players (Richarlison, James, Digne) are better than any players Wolves or Leicester have.
I think people massively overrate the Wolves and Leicester squads.

And other than Chelsea who have big depth I don't think we are miles behind the rest.

The problem with our squad is our depth really bad, I know it's silly saying it when Digne and James are out injured but when I look at our bench, I just think what do any of these people actually offer? None of them are game changers, Most of them are just chuck on and hope for the best.

They're rated as highly as they are because those squads have proven themselves better than ours for the last 3 years tbf.
Well to be pedantic, 2018 and 2019 we finished above Leicester, Wolves were in the Championship for 1 of the seasons.

So its only 1 season they have both finished above us.

And we have improved the squad since last season.

The problem with our squad is our depth really bad, I know it's silly saying it when Digne and James are out injured but when I look at our bench, I just think what do any of these people actually offer? None of them are game changers, Most of them are just chuck on and hope for the best.
Yes and if you look closely at other teams squads none of them would cope with losing their best players every week.

Meh, hes a decent little player, but hes never going to be anything other than decent.

Theres loads of players like him in the league.
I was being sarcastic if it wasn't clear. There is nothing to fear about either of those sides or Saints. I find it weird when people act all infatuated by them. We have a better striker than all three as well.

Is this a maths problem?

I think people massively overrate the Wolves and Leicester squads.

And other than Chelsea who have big depth I don't think we are miles behind the rest.
I think there's a difference between squad and team. Looking at first 11s I'd say we're better than Wolves and Leics but they both have better squad depth than we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.