Centre half partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the the answers to this show that nobody has confidence in any of them. We all disagree over every player which just shows how little faith we have with the current squad. I still feel that our main issue is the midfield. They are useless in possession and without. Offer nothing going forward and do next to nothing to protect the back line. Really hope Gbamin can give us a season and we can see what he’s made of.

90%+ of posters are saying Mina + Godfrey.

Alot are also saying Keane is, and i paraphrase -- a useless Oaf.

Not sure how you came to the above conclusion.

The reality is that none of our centre backs would get into a top 4 side.
Godfrey has potential and would be an acceptable squad player for a top 4 team and would probably get into a top 6 team.
Mina is OK when fit. However he cannot really be relied upon in terms of fitness or ability as he often does something crazy.
Keane would be great for the likes of Watford or Burnley and Holgate looks like he has regressed terribly.
If Benitez is the first coach that 1 or 2 of his acolytes on here would have you believe we should see improvement as a defensive unit but I'm not holding my breath.

The problem with the centre half pairings are also affected by the dross in front of them, We will always have problems at the back until we address the centre mids, all of them offer nothing in regards of defensive duties, never mind going the other way.

The problem with the centre half pairings are also affected by the dross in front of them, We will always have problems at the back until we address the centre mids, all of them offer nothing in regards of defensive duties, never mind going the other way.

We weren't that bad defensively last season, especially when Allan and Doucoure were fit. Our main issue last season was in front of goal, although I would like us to sign new better CMs and at least 1 new CB, along with our ever elusive new RB.

90%+ of posters are saying Mina + Godfrey.

Alot are also saying Keane is, and i paraphrase -- a useless Oaf.

Not sure how you came to the above conclusion.
Just feel that as pointed out by another poster that none of them would get close to being in any of the top sides. But do feel that it is more to do with our midfield not controlling a game than the actual defence.

Just feel that as pointed out by another poster that none of them would get close to being in any of the top sides. But do feel that it is more to do with our midfield not controlling a game than the actual defence.

I do, see here:

2019/20 Holgate (or whenever it was that he looked like he coujd & Godfrey

though my memory probably deceives me.

Godfrey & Branthwaite then. Go down with style.

We dont have a decent defender at the club. Been saying it for a long time. Absolute mid table standard the lot of them. No surprise we finish around there then. I wouldnt be arsed if we replaced them all.

Godfrey for me along with either Mina or Keane. Never much liked Mina, acts the hard man but if he thinks he'll get hurt in a challenge he'll think twice about it. Keane is an accident waiting to happen at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.