Centre half partnership

Status
Not open for further replies.

john jako

CHIEF SCOUT EVERTON FC LTD
It’s worrying. Everyone wants a right back which I fully agree with but watching pre season and last season am really worried about our centre backs.

Mina is good but never fit.

Godfrey potentially world class but still finding his feet and we can’t rely on him.

Keane is a liability and doesn’t fill anyone with confidence.

Chewy should be binned.

If we play four at the back and don’t sign anyone, who’s our strongest centre backs partnership?

I’d go for Godfrey and Mina myself but still not confident we can get 28 games out of that.

Mina and Godfrey.

Mad how people still rate Keane despite him being atrocious for 3 of the 4 years he’s been here, albeit he is still better than Holgate.

Crazy how centre back is meant to be our strongest position and two of the options are utter garbage. Our squad makes me weep.

Get Zouma back with Keane. Presumably Koulibaby ain't coming. Holgate and Mina can't be relied on. Sell both. Godfrey has potential but isn't ready for CH spot.
Keane can’t defend a high line. And is week mentally, not a leader. He makes a mistake abs that’s him done for a few weeks. Zouma was good for us, but he’s not someone I would spend big money on.

I’d have Godfrey & Mina over them

Keane is our best CB. Mina I'd second, sometimes does things that make him an enigma but he has all the tools to be world class. Godfrey third, very athletic but his head goes. Holgates head goes regularly and needs a sports psychologist

Status
Not open for further replies.