2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why he's treated like some Niasse-level joke. Obviously, he's nothing special, but you'd think that he was falling over his own feet and struggling to get the ball under control judging by the way it's gone for him under Silva.

There are far worse players than Tosun turning out for Everton on a regular basis.

We could play him, i mean we played him in the league cup and he did ok, its not like DCL is tearing it up
we can't though he doesn't suit the system that Silva plays, He's too slow and we give nothing to our strikers, At least DCL has pace and strength on his side.
Tosun is a very clever player and a good finisher but he's not cut out for this league.

we can't though he doesn't suit the system that Silva plays, He's too slow and we give nothing to our strikers, At least DCL has pace and strength on his side.
Tosun is a very clever player and a good finisher but he's not cut out for this league.
No he might not be as far as the league goes, but if anything its Silva's system that is wrong, if he has one at all, whatever it is, it dosent suit our attacking players anymore then our defenders.

I think the answer is would he score more goals than DCL ? I am not saying he is a patch on Latchford but if he got the right service across into the box Touson would he be a 15 goals a season forward? DCL sadly looks like no matter what the service he would struggle to get into double figures.

I don't understand why he's treated like some Niasse-level joke. Obviously, he's nothing special, but you'd think that he was falling over his own feet and struggling to get the ball under control judging by the way it's gone for him under Silva.

There are far worse players than Tosun turning out for Everton on a regular basis.

I think he's been put out in the cold to encourage him to take the offer from Qatar or elsewhere.

Once the window shut I hoped they'd use him. He could contribute if there could just be a slight accommodation to his skills.

I think the answer is would he score more goals than DCL ? I am not saying he is a patch on Latchford but if he got the right service across into the box Touson would he be a 15 goals a season forward? DCL sadly looks like no matter what the service he would struggle to get into double figures.

Not sure his movement is good enough to get him into those goal scoring positions often at this level. He's also very average on the ball, no fear from the opposition unless he gets played in from 8 yards out.

No lover of DCL being in our starting XI but at least he has a physical presence. Another thing Tosun lacks.

can someone tell me what Tosun has done in top flight football? yes I know he had an outlier of a year when he scored several goals in the CL that one time, or bangs them in for Turkey when they play Moldova or whatever, but seriously, how is he an EPL-caliber center forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.