2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about Cenk is, he isn't very good, but he always seems so happy and excited when he's called upon. I've never seen anyone smile so much coming on as a 93rd minute sub. The fact he openly didn't want to leave in the summer and his Instagram is filled with EFC love.
I'd keep him just for his smile

What I like about Cenk is, he isn't very good, but he always seems so happy and excited when he's called upon. I've never seen anyone smile so much coming on as a 93rd minute sub. The fact he openly didn't want to leave in the summer and his Instagram is filled with EFC love.
He obviously is good. Might lack pace but he can finish. Has never had a proper run under Silva. The lad has CL experience aswell. And already got more career goals then DCL will ever get. I like Tosun.

During the last decade or so we have probably signed more dud strikers than anyone else in the league. Cenk is another name on the list to add to the likes of Beattie, Jo, Johnson, Niasse, Kone, Stracq, Etoo, Sandro, Vellios, Beckford, Jelavic and Traore.

I wouldn’t call AJ a “dud”.

I agree. He has refused loan deals though. I'd start anyone above dcl.
I like DCL’s willingness, but it’s becoming more and more obvious he’ll never be a 15 goal a season man. Give Cenk a few games. Let’s not forget, Thierry Henry was rubbish in his first season over here (he was trust me, cows arse with a banjo etc) and look what happened there. And I don’t need any replies like ‘surely you’re not comparing DCL to Henry you muppet’. No, I’m not.

And what’s all this ‘target man’ nonsense in various posts? Just because we’ve always revered our centre forwards doesn’t mean we have to keep on doing it in 2019. City don’t have a ‘target man’, just mobile forwards switching positions, which makes it difficult to defend against. This is what we should be looking to do.

DCL came on last night so what are you spouting?
We need a 442 system ... the only goals in open play were when we had this system.......

Just to accommodate a so called striker who is incapable of scoring.

Who would you drop to accommodate the donkey Lewin in the 4-4-2 ?

Or maybe it's because he won't get those wages anywhere else so blends into the background

Status
Not open for further replies.