2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, Niasse has more to his game ijjy, Tosun is slow, his movement is gash, both attributes Niasse has to his game.
I've been reliably told by a number of people at the club that he is a very good finisher (reportedly our best) and scores consistently in training.

The emboldened above however means that his impact in the PL has been poor as he really doesn't fit into our/Silva's style, so he'll never be a first choice option.

I'm sure he would be happy to go back to Turkey but unless we're willing to cover a percentage of his wages, I doubt he'll be going back there any time soon.

I've been reliably told by a number of people at the club that he is a very good finisher (reportedly our best) and scores consistently in training.

The emboldened above however means that his impact in the PL has been poor as he really doesn't fit into our/Silva's style, so he'll never be a first choice option.

I'm sure he would be happy to go back to Turkey but unless we're willing to cover a percentage of his wages, I doubt he'll be going back there any time soon.
He is the best finisher, A very good one. I know it was against Milwall but one chance and bang he slotted it, The problem is if you don't have the pace you need to be able to do the Giroud stuff and Tosun can't do that either so it's a shame really, He's just not suited for a fast paced league.

He is the best finisher, A very good one. I know it was against Milwall but one chance and bang he slotted it, The problem is if you don't have the pace you need to be able to do the Giroud stuff and Tosun can't do that either so it's a shame really, He's just not suited for a fast paced league.
Exactly. Graeme Sharp talked very highly of him and he knows a fair bit about being a good striker, while a U23 player really bigged up his finishing ability.

Unfortunately, he really doesn't fit into either Silva's plans or the needs of the league so I think his days are numbered; it a shame, as I had high hopes for him.

The biggest problem with all our deadwood mate.

I think calling Tosun deadwood is somewhat unfair. For me, that's the likes of the appalling Sandro, useless Bolasie, Besic and Martina.
We just massively overpaid for tosun both cost and contract..

If we hadn't have signed those you mention above, imagine the fume he'd be getting!

We just massively overpaid for tosun both cost and contract..

If we hadn't have signed those you mention above, imagine the fume he'd be getting!
I totally agree that we overpaid for him as you said and his contract, while nowhere near as bad as some of them, is a definitely a stumbling block.

My point is that, in my humble opinion, he is actually a decent striker who now unfortunately doesn't suit our current needs and this negates his ability.

For me, he showed last season that he's much better than all the players that I mentioned and 'could' offer something in the future; they certainly will not.

Tosun would be perfectly fine for a team who plays two up top in this league. I hope we don't try and sell him for less than we bought. I think it'd be harsh to label him a flop seeing as he doesn't fit the system, a flop is a flop because they're crap, not because they don't fit.

I think calling Tosun deadwood is somewhat unfair. For me, that's the likes of the appalling Sandro, useless Bolasie, Besic and Martina.

I say more deadwood because he doesn't seem to fit into Silva's plans mate, so IMO another player who is on good wages who we'll look to move on, the problem is I just can't see another club out there who would be willing to match his wages that he's on with us.

Why does it have to be Turkey? Why not Germany where he grew up and why not Frankfurt which was his youth club and why could we not do a deal with them as they look to have some decent players.

Why does it have to be Turkey? Why not Germany where he grew up and why not Frankfurt which was his youth club and why could we not do a deal with them as they look to have some decent players.

The same thought had occurred to me, but we'd have to subsidise his wages to make it viable as he's on a wedge here (thanks Sam and Steve) and Frankfurt don't pay anything like the wages we do

Exactly. Graeme Sharp talked very highly of him and he knows a fair bit about being a good striker, while a U23 player really bigged up his finishing ability.

Unfortunately, he really doesn't fit into either Silva's plans or the needs of the league so I think his days are numbered; it a shame, as I had high hopes for him.
Graeme Sharp might know quite a bit about strikers, not sure about football in general, he tried to convince me, one time I was talking to him, that Paul Gerrard was a good goalkeeper, don’t think he had his tongue in his cheek either. ,!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.