2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of you moaning have forgotten about Marcus bent?
Scored barely any but the team finished fourth and he played a massive role.
At the end of the day it's a team game, tosun is doing a massive job for the team.

There was laughable party on here yesterday saying he wasn't scoring the goals to kill the game off like lukaku was
... How the eff is he going to do that without the chance to score? Our fervent is why we have dropped points, not the two goals a game we're scoring with ten men.

Mate I would happy forget about Marcus Bent.

If that bloke is Tosun's defence then poor Cenk may aswell call it a day.

Thought he was one of our better contributors in the second half when we started to move the ball about a little quicker and movement off the ball was a lot more fluid. Strikers (along with goalkeepers) are under the most scrutiny so it's not surprising to read that Cenk is touted as not good enough with zero goals to his name. Hopefully when Digne, Mina and Zouma are embedded into the start XI, we can push a little further up the pitch and Cenk can spend more time in and around the penalty area. The introduction of Gomez will hopefully offer another creative option in the middle of the park (aside from Gylfi) and we can play more vertical passes for Cenk to feed off instead of the sideways/backwards stuff we see from Schneiderlin and Davies. I'm confident the goals will come for our Big Turk.

Any of you moaning have forgotten about Marcus bent?
Scored barely any but the team finished fourth and he played a massive role.
At the end of the day it's a team game, tosun is doing a massive job for the team.

There was laughable party on here yesterday saying he wasn't scoring the goals to kill the game off like lukaku was
... How the eff is he going to do that without the chance to score? Our fervent is why we have dropped points, not the two goals a game we're scoring with ten men.
He can't score goals because he can't keep up with walcott and richarlison.
His not a defensive midfielder he is a striker.
5 goals in 17 games

Apparantly lukaku is **** because he has scored 28 goals in 53 games, but tosun is good because is tracks back and defends.

I think that raises quite an interesting question - Do you think Lukaku would fare better in this system than Cenk?

I agree that Cenk isn’t a replacement for Rom but - and I get that it is serendipitous as opposed to part of a bigger plan, given it was BFS who signed him - I actually think he’s more suited to our style of play as it is now.
It's hard to tell what our style is yet under Silva. Yes, his formation preference is 433. But I'd hang fire on the way he'll approach our attacking.

People searching for the next Lukaku, im gonna let everybody into a little secret, we wont ever get another Lukaku, not for at least 30 years, which was the time before that we had a Lukaku. Lineker, Lukaku, players like that dont come around often.
article-2712924-2022E2A200000578-608_634x422.jpg

Wether he scores two or assists two, it still amounts for TWO goals for Everton.... surely it doesn't matter who scores the goals, it just matters we score?
Goals don't count double if a striker hits the back of the net.

He can't score goals because he can't keep up with walcott and richarlison.
His not a defensive midfielder he is a striker.
5 goals in 17 games

Apparantly lukaku is **** because he has scored 28 goals in 53 games, but tosun is good because is tracks back and defends.

Its ok, we dont expect you to understand it.

Go play with the crayons.

Walcott Siggurdsson Bernard

Richarlison

Has to be the way going forward until January if this fella keeps firing blanks.

He works hard no doubt and he's been far from poor, but if we are going to concede the goals we have we need to be outscoring the opposition week in week out like RS under Klopp before they signed VVD and that means the entire front 3/4 banging them in.

People judging strikers PURELY on goals without looking at anything else they bring to a team are cavemen and no better than the likes of Allardyce.
yeah mate some ppl in here really dont know anything about football especially some lads in this thread

they say we need a lukaku like its easy to replace a striker who is gone for 85 million. pay 150 million for aguero then you will get your "next lukaku".

Status
Not open for further replies.