Cash still key to success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Course it is, we need to sell up because I dont think we can survive like this next season.

But....I know Uefa hate what's happening in our league, there's too much money, and they're right. Hopefully they bring in the the forgien player cap to bring balance back.

Uefa are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. We need financial muscle rather than look to Msr Plattini to save our skins.

We need to be taken over so badly. BK needs to find an investor an let go of are club. Iv always stuck up for bill, but after this summer he NEEDS to go. He's let the Manager,fans an club down badly.

Thier must someone who wants a great club like our's!!

Its not about saving our skins. Even if we did get bought out, we wouldnt be up there with the finanical money of the top 4 and Citeh. Its about bringing balance back. Average players that are worth £6mill now will be £10-15million, the superstars £40-50million. And not in 3 years time, in 2 years, in fact its happening now. Just look at the prices English players are touted around, its ridiculous.

And what about the championship clubs that get promoted? They have no chance in hell of surviving due to this. You might as well split the league up into money leagues - top 5 riches in one, next 5 in another, and so on and so on just to make things fair.

I just think it'd bring balance back.

It's not all about a billion-air. BK is a very poor buisness man. We need someone at the top who can take us forward. Because under Bk were going backwards. He really has taken us as far as he can.

Of course he needs to sell. But even when he does, I still can see us being in the same position. We'd improve and compete with the changing times and prices of the league. But I still dont think we'd break the top 4 for another 3-5 years. Domestic sucess, yeah, defo, but European and league winners? Not for a very long time.

Its about time the sky 4 changed, but it'd take years for anything major to happen, especailly if its us being in there if we were bought out.

Of course he needs to sell. But even when he does, I still can see us being in the same position. We'd improve and compete with the changing times and prices of the league. But I still dont think we'd break the top 4 for another 3-5 years. Domestic sucess, yeah, defo, but European and league winners? Not for a very long time.

Its about time the sky 4 changed, but it'd take years for anything major to happen, especailly if its us being in there if we were bought out.

What you're effectively saying there is that we need a takeover just to stand still competitively. The corollary of that is that if we dont find an investor willing to pump more into squad building we'll fall into mid-table obscurity.

I agree completely with that, by the way.

with fallaini signing for what is believed to be £16 million, thus becoming our record transfer fee, we are just £2 mill short of arsenals record which stands at the £18 mill paid for reyes back in 2004.

arsenal arent running about making multiple £30 mill + signings, yet they have won some premiership titles recently.

Pretty much. Nearly all the prem teams have rich investors now. We get our own, all we're doing is moving with the times. Player prices arent getting smaller, they're getting bigger. We need investment just to keep up, never mind challanging for titles etc.

But unless the investor/buyer is willing to spend £30mill each on a few players, go over board on players, then you have a chance to make a challange.

I cant see much changing apart from we'd be better off financially and things would be easier to improve the squad and push the club as a business forward.

Someone said on this very forum -- when all the clubs are run by billionaires, everything will return back to managment and tactics. Which I agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.