Carpe Diem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post that Lee....condolences on the family loss, but high-fives for the brilliant Everton experiences you had shared with you.......still mad about missing the Koeman tip-off!!!

A nice post. Remember going on the Stoke site the oatcake and they have a dedicated thread in memorium for Stoke fans who have passed and a place for people to share memories of them - often thought we should have one and a chance for stories and memories to be passed on.Just a thought

Very good idea.

The man in my avatar is Peter Farrell and I have so many memories of growing up living near him, sitting with him as a teenager on the bus as we went to see Rovers during the 80s etc.

So many stories about Everton which I would love to share but not on this post out of respect for the OP.

God Bless them all!

Sharing a story of why we should all seize the day whenever ...

On Saturday I was fortunate enough to attend the 100th birthday of a distant relative. She grew up in a chippy on Walton Road and being a very sprightly lady for 100 years I thought twice about whether to wait, or to ask her right then, about what match days were like on a Saturday in the 1920s and 30s. She regaled us all with stories of their usual match routine involving a few pints of ale and the chippy and get into the match just before kickoff. I don't know who was more surprised that nothing has changed!

And I'm thinking - as she told us all about what a treat it was as a child to go to Ma Bushell's Toffee shop for Everton mints (but never to get on the wrong side of Ma Bushell) - that she's probably the only person on the planet who has tasted an original Everton mint. Sadly I heard tonight that she passed away peacefully. While it's sad, what a life, and what great stories to remember when we next walk up Walton road this coming August. I'm glad I seized the moment on Saturday.

Ace, mate.

I'll always remember my Grandad's older sister telling us about taking the whole family to a derby in 1948. One of the first post-war derbies and the whole city was in a frenzy leading up to the game. Everyone she knew was there and they walked down from their estate in Bootle in a gang of about 40 reds and blues. It is still recorded as our highest attendance at around 78,000 but she reckons there was well more than that crammed in. It finished 1-1 i think. I'll never forget her face describing the Everton goal in full detail over 60 years later.

The power of football.

Great opening post evo and I have to agree with every other post in Carpe Diem-great title!
My dearly departed Dad told me many many tales of the Blues EVERY time we walked to and from Goodison. They usually made better topics of conversation than the match we'd just seen!!!

Brilliant post may she rest in peace amongst the rest of the blue family that have passed on that still watch over the old lady. Please can GOT set up a sticky like the depression one as mentioned because I have a great story from my departed Grandad that I would love to share but won't here for the respect of the OP.

A nice post. Remember going on the Stoke site the oatcake and they have a dedicated thread in memorium for Stoke fans who have passed and a place for people to share memories of them - often thought we should have one and a chance for stories and memories to be passed on.Just a thought

I like that idea a lot

Great post that Lee....condolences on the family loss, but high-fives for the brilliant Everton experiences you had shared with you.......still mad about missing the Koeman tip-off!!!

Cheers Tony. Yeah a real inspiration to everyone she was. We're all just thrilled that she got to 100 years old. She waited in all day for the Queen's telegram to arrive.

Koeman. No comment...!.

Status
Not open for further replies.