2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The painful part is the timing, just one more window here and he might have got us a few more decent players to be able to kick on afterwards. Now we have a couple that came here just for him and practically everyone else needed replacing.

That is Exactly it. Most of these players havent performed now under 4 managers. I really thought their number was up this summer. Well at least a few.
Looks like they're off the hook. Again.

Not gonna lie guys I feel utterly sick about this whole situation. We are now looking for our 6th permanent manager (8 counting the Unsworth and Ferguson caretaker spells) in 9 seasons, we’ve gone from a stable club without a pot to pee in to a basket case bunch of money wasters

I hope so too. I ill give whoever it is a fare shake and more than a season thats for sure. But If we got a manager that made you happy. And he was in the hunt for Europe all season in top four half way through but just fell off and we finish mid table. You better stay consistent and chase him out the gaf aswell.

Interesting one that. If it is Howe, Nuno, Moyes or some other no-mark I won't at all, I'll be full floppy and nudging our fanbase from the off

Now the dust has settled I think my genuine position is that I’m sad he’s gone, but more for what he could have helped us do in the transfer window than for the performances we’ve seen.

He’s undoubtedly dropped a few clangers tactically but he brought in some quality (at least two of which would never have come if not for him) and got a hell of a tune out of DCL and, to a lesser extent, Pickford.

If he’d have been able to bring in 3 or 4 more, maybe worked that magic on one or two other existing players (I know, I know…) then we’d have been in much better shape going into next season.

Nothing to say the new man can’t do that, though, and maybe even more besides.

We HAVE to get it right at some point, don’t we? Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and all that…

I hope so too. I ill give whoever it is a fare shake and more than a season thats for sure. But If we got a manager that made you happy. And he was in the hunt for Europe all season in top four half way through but just fell off and we finish mid table. You better stay consistent and chase him out the gaf aswell.
You've totally mischaracterized why I am fine with Carlo going though.

Results outpaced performances basically to the last day of the season when we finally fell to the 10th we deserved. And that is my issue. I'm not bothered by finishing 10th if we're playing well and looking like at some point we will figure it out. I promise I'll be consistent on this even if plenty will tell me I'm not being that.

It just highlights how silly the bedwetters are. Not good enough for Everton yet here comes most successful team in the world in club football to swoop him away.

Hes going to continue to win trophies as he does.

What happens to everton. Is most likely a bleaker picture. I really hope not. But it's certainly likely.

Two very cosy statements from the club and Carlo. Smells a bit like, "You don't call us out for lack of funds and we won't call you a treacherous rat."

Confirmation, if it were needed, his forte is fine tuning galacticos and teams that are already doing well.
not actually that arsed after this season tbf. Really wanted him to bring some success but as posted previously the most damning inditement is previous ‘lesser’ managers did better in the league and cups with worse.
Had some great results no one managed in the previous decades, but some of the losses for this squad were most peculiar.
Hopefully some players feel a tinge of responsibility too, but I highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.