2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lad behave yourself. We can’t just throw another £200m at a manager. And we ain’t getting Conte or Simeone. This is bad new for Everton at the moment.

Tbf mate we said we couldnt go an out of work Carlo and we did. Could easily end up with a Conte/Poch type if the starts aligned particularly with Usmanov in the background.

I think Moshiri would be all over Biesla though after watching them this season.

They want Ancelotti because he's a friendly yes man who won't rock the boat when they sign no players and he's left playing all their octagenarians. They are on the slide, and they wouldn't give Zidane any money or backing so he's walked. Poison chalice, but I don't blame him for going there.

Option 1 is literally what we have just done. Ancelotti spend £60 million last season, and I have no doubt he would have got £100 million plus sales this summer.

We took an opportunity and he accepted at that time period. It worked.

Other top managers will see that even Carlo couldn't get a tune out of this squad and it'll be the last thing they want to do.

Conte etc will gladly sit off and wait for the right job.

I don’t want him to stay now. As soon as he entered talks, that’s it, see you later.

The only reason I wouldn’t sack him is why do yourself out of the compensation. But I’ve already moved on.

I can’t be bothered thinking about trying for a manager. Just appoint Ferguson and have a laugh.

We may as well accept mediocrity but have a good time doing it.

Everyone jumping to conclusions. I'm going to wait and see. I mean it's Madrid ffs they call you go but I would hope Ancelotti would like to see this job through.

The football is dire because the bulk of the footballers we have are dire. As has been the case under multiple managers. I cannot fathom why this is hard to understand. No manager can get a consistent tune out of these gimps

Indeed.

But when it was Big Sam, Silva, Koeman and Bobby in charge of “these gimps” no such apologism for mediocrity was put forward.

Instead we were all calling for their heads.

There is a weird notion around that all the dross we have witnessed since football returned after lockdown last season is attributable to everyone but Carlo.

Well, plenty of his team selections were proven to be poor and a lot of his tactics were demonstrably found wanting.

He is definitely a light of a former day and I cannot fathom how Real Madrid think he is the answer to their problems.

(if they have any, that is...I haven’t been following Spanish football recently :))

If this happens we all know we won't appoint the new manager until 10th August or something idiotic.

Can’t see it happening.

He’s on the pig’s back here with wages of over 10 mill per year. Madrid would have for fork out 30 mill compo, which ain’t likely given their financial dire straits.

In the unlikely event that it does happen I don’t think it would be a major loss as he doesn’t look the manager of old. The play is generally dire and he doesn’t seem to inspire. Much like Mourinho he looks ready for the knacker’s yard.

I'm often bemused by everton fan opinions, but the fact some people aren't concerned about us losing Carlo flipping Ancelotti is on a whole other level.

I think this will be the most gutted I've been since Arteta left. And that was because I was still at school, had gone to bed early, woke up for the first day back after summer holidays, and was not ready to hear we had sold him at 5 to 12!

If this happens then we are staring at a disaster in the face. No manager, an inept DOF, a woefully inadequate squad, a ton of uncertainty, and the club's wider standing in an extremely bad place.
Think it just depends whether you have blind faith or not to be honest. Ancelotti has done nothing - and I mean nothing - to suggest he's the man best suited to getting us to where we want to be. We can cling on to the belief that this will change because he's Carlo Ancelotti and suddenly a load of top class players will decide they'd like to play for us because of him or whatever, but it's just blind faith, there's nothing to really support it. For me he isn't a good fit, and in an ideal world this would give the chance to get someone in who is, and move away from all the power games and splits between DoF and manager etc. Unfortunately Everton don't do the ideal world, and so I have very little faith that we'll manage to actually do that. But in reality it's difficult to see it making much difference either way.

To me it's all twitter jargon Carlo is under contract Real Madrid are skint & how would they buy his contact out with us ?
They're happy to go further in debt safe in the knowledge that the super league will happen within a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.