2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Everton manager being beaten at home by the likes of Sheffield United, Fulham, Newcastle and Brighton should be sacked.
We lost at home from September to Christmas 1983 season to Norwich Luton and West Ham and drew with Birmingham West Brom Sunderland and we kept faith with Howard look we’re that took us , I know the football were playing is terrible to watch lately but let Carlo build his own team and see were it takes us give the man time .We beat Brighton 4-2 BTW

Been a difficult season and really a poor finish after a promising start. But we've struggled to bring on younger players and the 'stars' we bought in the summer have faded as badly as the team has.

I hope we give Carlo more time, but we simply have to recruit well in the summer with younger, hungrier players or we will be looking at needing a replacement by Christmas.

Possibly controversial, but we need a young manager, hungry, who knows how to win and get the best out of his players. Would anyone else consider Steven Gerrard now that Klopp looks set to stay at the RS?

Young, won in Scotland and has given Rangers an identity that Carlo has failed to do with us.
Seriously?

Been a difficult season and really a poor finish after a promising start. But we've struggled to bring on younger players and the 'stars' we bought in the summer have faded as badly as the team has.

I hope we give Carlo more time, but we simply have to recruit well in the summer with younger, hungrier players or we will be looking at needing a replacement by Christmas.

Possibly controversial, but we need a young manager, hungry, who knows how to win and get the best out of his players. Would anyone else consider Steven Gerrard now that Klopp looks set to stay at the RS?

Young, won in Scotland and has given Rangers an identity that Carlo has failed to do with us.
Possibly controversial??? Not half lol

If there is no progression in the course of next season, then it's time to get rid of Ancelotti. Gallardo is another candidate, Erik Teen Haag, Ivan Juric, Oliver Glasner, Christian Streich, Daniel Farke, Urs Fischer, Niko Kovac, Chritophe Galtier, Julen Lopetegui, Gasperini, the point is that there are dozens of good managers out there. Of course, everyone has to be carefully analyzed and see how they fit Everton.
I agree with you about good managers but I feel it’s the same process. The next manager who comes in will want his own players or a few at least. Then we need to give him time. I’ll be honest I am just lost when it comes to our club.

Carlo Ancelotti is anticipating a busy summer to ensure Everton have a “better… more competitive” squad in 2021/22.

Manager Ancelotti’s side were beaten at Manchester City on the final day of the 2020/21 campaign, slipping to 10th position and missing out on European qualification.

The Italian oversaw improvement in his first full campaign in charge, Everton gaining more points and victories than in 2019/20.

The Club’s best away form since the title-winning season of 1984/85 represented another tick in the positives’ column.

But enduring difficulties at an empty Goodison Park undermined ambitions of a top-six finish, the optimism for next season on that count provided by a 100-per-cent winning league home record with supporters in the ground.

Ancelotti is keen for his side to return for next term playing a more positive brand of football and capable of sustaining a presence in the Premier League’s higher reaches.

“We have to work hard in the summer to have a better squad and be more competitive next season,” Ancelotti told evertontv.

“When we defend with a low block, we are really strong, when we try to play the line higher, it is more difficult.

“There, we have to improve for next season.

“The season was positive. We had some fantastic away results. But we didn’t have a good home run.

“We improved on last season, now we have to look forward, to be more competitive and get more points next season.”

Everton went to Premier League champions City still in with a shot of qualifying to compete in European competition next season.

The extremely tough task of winning at City grew even harder inside the opening 14 minutes, however, with Kevin De Bruyne and Gabriel Jesus both scoring for the home team.

Everton, who had a chance to go in front when Dominic Calvert-Lewin was denied by Ederson on five minutes, came back into the contest and on 36 minutes were presented with an opportunity to halve their deficit.

But Gyfli Sigurdsson’s penalty after Richarlison was felled in the box by Ruben Dias was too close to City goalkeeper Ederson.

And the home team increased their advantage when Phil Foden drove home eight minutes after half-time.

Sergio Aguero came on for his final Premier League appearance to add a double and condemn Everton to their heaviest defeat of the campaign.

“We played against the best team in the Premier League,” added Ancelotti, whose team’s 59-point tally is 10 higher than they managed last term.

“We tried to push a little bit higher [from the beginning] because we wanted to win.

“But we weren’t clinical on the counter-attack, we lost some easy balls.

“When we started to build-up, we had a possibility to come back in the game with the penalty – in the second half [after Foden’s goal] there was no chance to come back.

“It is almost impossible for us to compete with them, they are the best team.

“It was difficult. We tried to compete but today was not the day.”

Wow.

Some gobs***e who has done well in a Mickey Mouse, 2-team league? Might as well consider any of the Conference or League Two managers who’ve had a good season.

Gerrard will be a TV pundit sooner than later.

I agree with you about good managers but I feel it’s the same process. The next manager who comes in will want his own players or a few at least. Then we need to give him time. I’ll be honest I am just lost when it comes to our club.
I feel the same way. We make the same mistakes year after year and never learn.

Can he still play ? Player-manager . He'll be boss in our midfield

Bottom line is .... a massive summer ahead ! Stick with Carlo / lots of ins+outs and move on.
If were in the same position next year's season end.... sack him then.

( Note : I have no confidence that we will turnover the squad as much as needed ! )

Status
Not open for further replies.