2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse football than when fat lad was in charge if we’re all being honest.

Absolutely atrocious to watch and it’s not even like we’re scraping wins which would make it tolerable.

Absolutely atrocious to watch and it’s not even like we’re scraping wins which would make it tolerable.
Weirdly thought we won our last game, silly me.

Also thought we have played turd all season and won 16 games.

Strange how things get twisted.

Anybody think we have the attacking prowess to break down sheff United or Wolves?

That sheff United game will be one for the purists lol the two most flaccid sides in the league.
If James is back we might do, not to mention fans are back for Wolves so might push the lads on

A little perspective please
Last 6 full seasons.

19/20 = 49 pts
18/19 = 54 pts
17/18 = 49 pts
16/17 = 61 pts ( with 25 goal Lukaku)
15/16 = 47 pts
14/15 = 47 pts

20/21 = 56 points with 3 games to play

If anyone cant see we are in good hands and see's a true progression rather than quick fix spend loads and hope it works , then this footie lark isnt for you.

I agree, but look at what he’s working with. No decent wingers at the club, Richarlison playing awful, lack of creativity in midfield and no solid RB. I just know things are going to be so much better next season.

A little perspective please
Last 6 full seasons.

19/20 = 49 pts
18/19 = 54 pts
17/18 = 49 pts
16/17 = 61 pts ( with 25 goal Lukaku)
15/16 = 47 pts
14/15 = 47 pts

20/21 = 56 points with 3 games to play

If anyone cant see we are in good hands and see's a true progression rather than quick fix spend loads and hope it works , then this footie lark isnt for you.
Pretty simplistic way of looking at things to be honest, and not sure why the 61 point season needs a caveat - other than to make your point sound like a good one, obviously.

Pretty simplistic way of looking at things to be honest, and not sure why the 61 point season needs a caveat - other than to make your point sound like a good one, obviously.

Yeah in the 61 points season we also had a defence of 35 year old Jagielka and Williams and a choice of Stekelenburg or Joel in net, so we could add that as the caveat.

The only problem with give him a couple windows to remedy matters is by that time james and Allan will be in their early thirties and already have presented a tendency to be constantly injured. So understudies will be needed soon. Hopefully he alters the recruitment strategy towards the mid twenties if he's looking at an instant impact.

I like him but I think their are managers that could do better with the same squad, thing is tho Carlo is a big name and has pull for players so its a damned if you do damned if you don't situation

Genuinely think if we get afew players that can control the football then we qill do well, but then what could we realistically expect?

Carlo needs time to bring in decent players.

got to admit the entertainment value is poor. So boring to watch.

Clearly he doesn’t trust the players enough to want to play attacking football. He must have assessed his options and see only one way of grinding out results.

It's far from the most inspiring football you'll ever see (Coleman on the wing was grim enough when Moyes was doing it 10 years ago), but even if we were to pretend for argument's sake that Ancelotti's position is under threat, I would have zero confidence in the club's ability to hire anything better than another Silva-like wet blanket (we'd already be in the process of sacking the latest one of those now if it wasn't for the fact that Napoli's chairman happened to have one of his episodes at an exceptionally opportune moment).

Barring a full-blown City/Chelsea-style summer window, the best we can realistically hope for is that Ancelotti's name will attract a better quality of player each year until something finally sticks. Again, it's hardly the stuff of dreams, but then nothing about this takeover has turned out the way we would have liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.