2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say rubbish we aren't brilliant in possession at all especially without James, but off the ball away from home we are structured and have sharp counters. Why we can't find a structure of attack and possession at home to break team's down is the issue. More inconsistent than rubbish but today was better. You put James and Docuoure in this team too and it helps.

I mean, we can barely string moves together mate. It's very, very reliant on one or two players or moments.

But I don't think most teams can. I just think other teams do have players who can run with the ball. We don't help ourselves at home by making bang average teams look good, though.

I have every faith in Carlo but I think the season hangs in the balance and we need to beat Villa for me in order to have a solid chance to qualify for Europe

Will be interesting to see what impact the return of James and Docuoure has. If we can get past Villa then I’d fancy us to finally break the hoodoo at home and see off Sheffield United if we can put out James Allan and Docuoure in midfield. Then it’s Wolves hopefully with all our players fit and fans back in the stadium. The path to Europe is there for us.

Like always though if we can’t get Carlo’s signings onto the pitch together and the likes of Davies Siggurdson Gomes are having to play our chances of winning decrease.

I mean, we can barely string moves together mate. It's very, very reliant on one or two players or moments.

But I don't think most teams can. I just think other teams do have players who can run with the ball. We don't help ourselves at home by making bang average teams look good, though.
No we don't have a style as such and our posession has been poor and we lack pace yes. But football is off the ball too. Agree at home it's a different kettle of fish we have been really bad at times, but playing away from home when it's a simple set up we are solid. I wouldn't say we are rubbish our style isn't great especially at home, but we have real holes and weaknesses when the onus is on us to dominate and break team's down.

not on here mate, just go along with them and pretend everything is ace and Carlo is god, and that you like Ice Hockey, Basketball and our Family of blues from North America will leave you alone, just don't upset them cos they are totally invested in EFC and the EPL,.........Go Toffees whhooooooo!
You idiot.

Will be interesting to see what impact the return of James and Docuoure has. If we can get past Villa then I’d fancy us to finally break the hoodoo at home and see off Sheffield United if we can put out James Allan and Docuoure in midfield. Then it’s Wolves hopefully with all our players fit and fans back in the stadium. The path to Europe is there for us.

Like always though if we can’t get Carlo’s signings onto the pitch together and the likes of Davies Siggurdson Gomes are having to play our chances of winning decrease.
Siggy has been one of our most important players in terms of durability and reliance. I am genuinely baffled as to how so many people can slate him, and give James every excuse.

Hope he sticks with the 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 or whatever it was. Might not be pretty but much more solid with pretty much everyone in their natural positions. Hopefully DCL and Richy with James can work some magic on the counter.
Doubt Carlo will at home though, especially against Sheff Utd. How can you say to your players "yeah they're utter turd and were relegated by september but sit back and play on the counter yeh lads?"

Siggy has been one of our most important players in terms of durability and reliance. I am genuinely baffled as to how so many people can slate him, and give James every excuse.
Because James does things like pass the ball forward and has an impact from open play. Gylfi may be available every week but he's rarely impactful and even less impactful when you look at open play.

2 points off the RS with 4 games left and still in with a good chance of a top 6/7 finish in his first full season, as he’s getting stick. Just get in the bin.
The problem is we've seen this before. In fact with the last three managers we've actually seen better in some of the cases. And then it falls apart because no foundation is really being built.

And I get the rebuttal is that we've got Ancelotti now instead of fill in the blank of whichever previous failure. I get that, I just don't have that blind faith in the same way that a lot of others do. I'm going off what he's doing at Everton and quite frankly I just see a lot of the warning signs that I missed with the previous managers before promising starts faded away.

Aye, we all know you'd prefer Thiago. You're fooling absolutely nobody mate and I look forward to the inevitable day when you combust
I guess this is you calling me a Kopite which lol

I admire you for being a true blue who wouldn't trade anyone for someone from that lot but I can only see someone saying they'd take Gylfi over Thiago as either dumb or dishonest. Sorry.

He's done well this season, given the injuries and the transfers he's been able to make so far.

We've got a good chance of making 60 points here, which I'd have called a very good first full season and would be impossible to argue with.

In fact, it would make some of the criticism he's received recently look extremely stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.