2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really has more to do with scoring first I think. Look at Saints home, we score and keep them out easy. Burnley, Fulham, Villa and on and on we went behind and actually had to play a bit to try and recover it.

We always start so slowly at home which we don’t seem to do away

That was closer to a sustainable way of playing defensively and countering fwiw. West Ham didn't really open us up and we actually had some ability to break. For me the biggest problem was Sigurdsson who was a complete nothing after halftime. Get a winger who can become a third man in some of those attacks we probably score a second and win going away.

Win all of our games from here and I think we finish 4th.

(I don’t think we will, just saying if we did I think it would be enough).
Not sure. Leicester and West Ham would have to drop points. If we win all of our remaining games then Europa league a certainly at minimum. Fingers crossed.

That was a solid, efficient, away performance. That blueprint will work more often than not, especially if we can add some more quality in the final third on the break.
I agree, that was an occasion where we were defensive and threatening. It was a much better balance. Anyone with legs for Sigurdsson would've been great.

Not sure. Leicester and West Ham would have to drop points. If we win all of our remaining games then Europa league a certainly at minimum. Fingers crossed.
If we win all our games, West Ham would need to win all of theirs. Leicester would need 4 points from Chelsea (a), United (a) and Spurs at home. I fancy United to beat Liverpool.

I don’t think we’ll win our remaining 4 but based on the above, if we did I think it’d be enough to finish 4th.

Yeah, if we had a couple of players who could provide more options for out balls, rather than the static gylfi who just plays it straight back when he receives it. Someone who can hold it up, which Dom still needs to work on, and a fast winger who can put the opposition on the back foot when we counter. It was a horrible, but brave, defensive display second half. I'll take the win all day but we're a frustrating, hard watch.

I agree, that was an occasion where we were defensive and threatening. It was a much better balance. Anyone with legs for Sigurdsson would've been great.

If King had scored to put the game to bed, it would have been pretty much the perfect performance.

Thats the next step for us in these type of games. Being able to score the second goal and make it very difficult for opponents to come back. That can helped with better recruitment in the summer.

Pity 3 the main culprits blew thier beans in a rage that Everton went 1 nil up.

Been serious for a second. How sad of an Evertonian are you to get yourself banned on an Everton forum cause we are winning a game.
Ha ha ha which posters were they? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.