2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want direct aggressive football. Thats Everton football.

Passive, low energy, sideways football is not Everton football.

Any chance we get we blow. Its demoralising
I've no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but every time we're the clear favourites, we blow it hard. I'd prefer us getting 0 pts vs Leicester, Arsenal, United, Chelsea games and have a team that can routinely beat the bottom half of the table. At least that's something you can build on, you can say "we're not there with the 'big6' teams yet, but we have some consistency at least". Only thing I can say about this is that it's baffling to have such a jekyll&hyde team. When we're favourites we're afraid of our own shadows on the pitch, when there's no pressure/expectations of 3 points, we deliver.

pace power and energy are so crucial in this league, for any team, to be competitive in this league. Just imagine if richarlison and dcl are as slow as Gomes.

What I'm saying is, you don't need a full team of race-track horses. It's fine to have a slow Gomes, slow Siggy, slow James, as long as the pacy players do their job. And then the unexplainable happens, Gomes can't pass to the guy that's 1 meter away from him, or if he's passing in to space he's passing half the pitch away from our nearest player. Douc or Davies can't tackle the ball away to save their lives, Siggy lost in translation, James doing god knows what. Playing like they just came from the local pub and each had 10 pints.

Coleman - Godfrey - Holgate - Digne
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Digne
Holgate - Keane - Godfrey - Digne
Holgate - Mina - Godfrey - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Holgate - Mina - Keane - Godfrey
Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Godfrey
Coleman - Godfrey - Keane - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Godfrey

The defence has been tinkered in one way or another in each of the last ELEVEN games. Conceded NINETEEN in that time, with just TWO clean sheets. There's no reason to be be chopping and changing that back four every game, it can't be easy for the players having someone different next to them every game.
The only mitigation is this season we are playing more games in a shorter period of time. But I agree too much rotation.

We need to play our strongest team in every single game. We don’t have the mentality to rotate.

Play the same team always until they get injured and then just replace like for like.

Even with our first team available we’d have still lost that. The problem is he doesn’t know how to set us up against teams that press us and get in our faces. All sideways and backward passes. Lost count of the amount of times Digne got the ball on the left ran to the half way line stopped and the passed it back or to Gomes who passed it back. It’s pathetic. Seen it happen against Leeds, West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester and now Fulham. He or we have learned nothing and clearly don’t do our homework.

Mad how people are expressing their love for carlo yanno. I know its valentines day like but in reality hes achieved nothing with Everton - people buzzing of his tactical prowess at champions league level previously, when were playing alot of games with a complete lack of urgency, suspect line ups and not making changes when were inviting pressure for an entire half of football.

We all know we're over achieving, its been an odd season - but we would be kidding ourselves if the infamous boos wouldnt have been directed his way on more than one occassion this season had fans been at goodison and that in the summer his name alone is going to be able to bring in better players - we're simply not replacing 7 rancid players for a start and the "better" players we would like to sign will be looking at our performances and Rodriguez's performances and thinking theres not a chance im going there to play. I dont reckon too many players will be hoodwinked by the name ancelloti.

Would love to be wrong but I feel like im not far off the mark.

Other main criticism i have is that we do not respond when we go behind.

Why the frig not?
When we defend ourselves so deeply, you often become passive. It also becomes very difficult to adjust mentally. The motivation of the players is also reduced - especially over time. Everyone understands that they have to adapt their style to Manchester City, and fight to get a result. It's a little worse to motivate yourself to play like that against Fulham. Most football players think it's more fun to have the ball, than to have to constantly chase after it.

I just think rotation is meaningless and cause us dearly. We don’t have Euro there is no point to rest players. And we have to think carefully why we can’t break lesser teams at home time after time and failed to score. The tactics against these lesser teams...

He's got Bernard, Iwobi, and King ready who have played less minutes than a handful of players from Wednesday.

Just play them especially at home against the 2nd bottom of the league.

You lose, at least you can't blame lethargy

Coleman - Godfrey - Holgate - Digne
Godfrey - Mina - Keane - Digne
Holgate - Keane - Godfrey - Digne
Holgate - Mina - Godfrey - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Godfrey
Coleman - Godfrey - Keane - Digne
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Godfrey

The defence has been tinkered in one way or another in each of the last ELEVEN games. Conceded NINETEEN in that time, with just TWO clean sheets. There's no reason to be be chopping and changing that back four every game, it can't be easy for the players having someone different next to them every game.
Just play Holgate, Mina, Keane, Godfrey every time at the back and we will win and be solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.