2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bielsa was used as an example of a different type of manager than Ancelotti. Some claimed, including myself, that Everton as of today had had more use for this particular type of manager. Whether we are wrong or not, we have to wait to conclude.

Still, there is no doubt that Ancelotti has done well in terms of points. So it can not be criticized. On the other hand, we are only 6 points ahead of Leeds, and who have a much smaller salary budget than us. The salary budget explains 50% of the variation in the results of the teams. So in relative terms, Bielsa has actually done significantly better than Ancelotti.

There is also no doubt that Leeds is a much more fun team to watch, and has a clear identity. We have usually played terrible football, except for a handful of matches.

Of course, I support Ancelotti because he has performed as expected, and see no reason to criticize him at the moment. The only thing must be for the football we play. But as long as we get points, and are in the top 8, I hope that it will get better eventually.

What was the identity yesterday, whe they were getting annihilated by a bunch of part timers? It looked pretty terrible to me, whatever identity it was meant to be.

What was the identity yesterday, whe they were getting annihilated by a bunch of part timers? It looked pretty terrible to me, whatever identity it was meant to be.
Sometimes this happens. It has happened before, and will happen in the future. It's always fun to watch David beat Goliath (as long as it's not your own team). But it is clear (to almost everyone) that Leeds have a clearly defined and distinctive style of play - for better or worse - and that their matches are generally very entertaining to watch.

Sometimes this happens. It has happened before, and will happen in the future. It's always fun to watch David beat Goliath (as long as it's not your own team). But it is clear (to almost everyone) that Leeds have a clearly defined and distinctive style of play - for better or worse - and that their matches are generally very entertaining to watch.

But I'm really querying your whole assumption. They didn't play with any recognisable style in that game at all.

I'd also add, Ancelotti's Everton, when games in hand are worked out would be 4/5th in the league. Bielsa's Leeds are what, bottom 7/8. The difference in wage bill is probably 25%. In essence Ancelotti is outperforming Bielsa by some distance.

But I'm really querying your whole assumption. They didn't play with any recognisable style in that game at all.

I'd also add, Ancelotti's Everton, when games in hand are worked out would be 4/5th in the league. Bielsa's Leeds are what, bottom 7/8. The difference in wage bill is probably 25%. In essence Ancelotti is outperforming Bielsa by some distance.

Here you base a lot on 1 match. I did not watch the match, but I'm pretty sure Leeds tried; Zonal-Man marking system, Counter pressure, Positional rotations, Creating overloads, Use of third man, etc.

Then you base it on us winning? Is it not against M. City?

I adjust my claim: Bielsa does marginally better than Ancelotti based on the salary budget. If we win against City, Ancelotti will do marginally better. Used a simple model, linear regression

Saturday will be a wake up call. Pretty confident for the rest of the season with Carlo in charge.

We got through to the next round which is all that matters. Forget performance in the cup.

Here you base a lot on 1 match. I did not watch the match, but I'm pretty sure Leeds tried; Zonal-Man marking system, Counter pressure, Positional rotations, Creating overloads, Use of third man, etc.

Then you base it on us winning? Is it not against M. City?

I adjust my claim: Bielsa does marginally better than Ancelotti based on the salary budget. If we win against City, Ancelotti will do marginally better. Used a simple model, linear regression

Any adjustment for the time Bielsa has had there?

And of what you mention above, I didnt see any of it against Crawley. Just a lot of giving the ball away cheaply, lack of pressure and lack of creativity. That and picking the ball out of their net again and again and again.

What’s this has been playing at? lol

No clue
67237e719a38bd8897d3b177a0e64250e776a0573bb855b49e01dba7842f9c00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.