2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it's it would I want the same baseline of performance virtually every week. You might have a bad game and lose but then the week after you pick yourself up and get straight back to it. You're always competitive. Our problem in recent years has been that far too often we have peaks and troughs. It often seems like we're one bad performance away from having a horror run where we don't win for 2 months and that really isn't good. It's very difficult to get into the top 6 if you have extended runs where you don't pick up points, which is why we usually fall short. Even after the bad start last season, just before lockdown we were looking like we might sneak into a European spot after a good run, and then we only won 3 of the last 12. It's a familiar story with us. We've had one bad run this season, another one like that and we're going to struggle to be up there again; 4 points from our next 6 games and we're back in the bottom half basically.
Agreed, we can’t guarantee consistency of results every week. But we should be aiming for consistency of performance.

All of those teams have also dropped points against lesser sides though, it’s not just us is it. I’m sorry to say but yes, we are going to drop points again some time this season. So are United, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester etc, as they have been doing also.
The teams listed have the knowledge and experience to get the results when it matters or beat teams they usually beat like your Burnley's Fulham (Yes I know Liverpool drew with them but I was using them as an example) in routine wins where I don't think Everton are at this stage yet, I know we'll drop points but if we avoid stuff where we were like 1 win in 7 then again then I think top 6 is very possible.

People won’t acknowledge this though. They’ll jump straight on the “yeah but Arsenal were missing Aubameyang and Leicester were missing Evans” train but ignore the fact that we’ve been without 4 first teamers for the past 3 games.

I think injuries have been cruel to many teams this season. You have to believe we will be stronger with Digne, Allan and James back in particular, but all teams could point to similar influential losses. They are no different and all seasons are like this. This is where the depth of the squad is so important and the coaches ability to deal with these losses and keep the team winning. I think Ancelotti has handled our losses OK but it is surely true that teams don't achieve success, squads do.

In good seasons, fringe players who you do not always expect to step up, are forced into action. Maybe as Godfrey has recently, who possibly was not signed to be a first team player immediately. In the second half the season, Ancelotti will learn if he can rely on his fringe players to step up in key moments.

People won’t acknowledge this though. They’ll jump straight on the “yeah but Arsenal were missing Aubameyang and Leicester were missing Evans” train but ignore the fact that we’ve been without 4 first teamers for the past 3 games.
Listened to the talkSPORT podcast, I know i shouldn’t. But Alex crook who covers the south coast and still has a bee in his bonnet, from when we got koeman off Southampton.

said Leicester have had the worst injuries after Liverpool. Yet v Arsenal, we had Coleman, Digne, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Delph and James out.

Apart from the RB and the Turkish CB. Not trying to spell them lol. They’ve had players missing a game here and a game there. Like Evans, ndidi and Maddison.

I said last season, that wolves and Leicester who were getting praised all over the place, would struggle once they got a few injuries, to be fair Leicester have coped, but wolves have only lost the main CF, selling jota & Doherty haven’t helped, but they don’t look great. And traore who had 2 great games v Man City last season, is back to being a headless chicken and not a 80mil pound footballer.

The January window and luck with injuries will play a big part on who gets the top 6 place. With no Europe, that could also help us, in the 2nd half of the season.

Listened to the talkSPORT podcast, I know i shouldn’t. But Alex crook who covers the south coast and still has a bee in his bonnet, from when we got koeman off Southampton.

said Leicester have had the worst injuries after Liverpool. Yet v Arsenal, we had Coleman, Digne, Allan, Gomes, Gbamin, Delph and James out.

Apart from the RB and the Turkish CB. Not trying to spell them lol. They’ve had players missing a game here and a game there. Like Evans, ndidi and Maddison.

I said last season, that wolves and Leicester who were getting praised all over the place, would struggle once they got a few injuries, to be fair Leicester have coped, but wolves have only lost the main CF, selling jota & Doherty haven’t helped, but they don’t look great. And traore who had 2 great games v Man City last season, is back to being a headless chicken and not a 80mil pound footballer.

The January window and luck with injuries will play a big part on who gets the top 6 place. With no Europe, that could also help us, in the 2nd half of the season.
I'm not sure why considering he is a ManU fan tbh, I have come across him a few times to do with work related stuff, he is a bit of a muppet tbh, i think it's a bit of esk syndrome in that under a previous regime he was well in there and these days it's not so much.

I'm not sure why considering he is a ManU fan tbh, I have come across him a few times to do with work related stuff, he is a bit of a muppet tbh, i think it's a bit of esk syndrome in that under a previous regime he was well in there and these days it's not so much.
He tends to always be on talking about Southampton. He kept tweeting like an idiot that Southampton will get 35mil for Hjoberg. Though he had less than a year left on his contract.

For me the last few games were huge for Carlo... The matches against Southampton and Newcastle were awful to watch after the start we had...... It was as though he was some one trick pony who had been found out......... But his CV suggested otherwise, and his quality has shone through.

But yeah, some fans think he's here to live in Crosby instead of Milan just to pick up more money to add to the rest that he won't ever need to spend cos he's got that much... Just so he can give his son a job.

Not so ..... People like Ancellotti would do a job in Tesco stacking shelves and do it well, they wouldn't sulk, they would look at how they can do it better. Finish their shift, go for a walk on the beach and fit back with a glass of red and read a book.

The bloke is football through and through, he's also a class human being. He understands the needs of the fans, he is hungry to deliver and still appreciates all he has.

Yeah.... His son is probably getting a million or two a year and no doubt he's being worked for it, his dad will be pushing him and educating him so he can carry on his legacy - no question.

We're in good hands.

The teams listed have the knowledge and experience to get the results when it matters or beat teams they usually beat like your Burnley's Fulham (Yes I know Liverpool drew with them but I was using them as an example) in routine wins where I don't think Everton are at this stage yet, I know we'll drop points but if we avoid stuff where we were like 1 win in 7 then again then I think top 6 is very possible.
Burnley are a notoriously difficult side to play against and often take points from teams they apparently “have no right to beat”.

They are dog muck to watch, but they play with an efficiency which has seen them become a mainstay in the league in recent times.

The fact is, this league is the most difficult in the world, and any team can and does pull results out often against teams well above them.

Burnley are a notoriously difficult side to play against and often take points from teams they apparently “have no right to beat”.

They are dog muck to watch, but they play with an efficiency which has seen them become a mainstay in the league in recent times.

The fact is, this league is the most difficult in the world, and any team can and does pull results out often against teams well above them.
5 teams in the top 8 have beaten them, United and Liverpool haven't played them yet, We're the only side who didn't beat them.

What bugs me a little is we have to go to the "top 4" sides in the second half of the season. City, Man UTD, RS, Chelsea. Even Arsenal at a stretch.

Knowing our luck it will be when crowd numbers are increased as well, just swings it back in their favour a tad.

5 teams in the top 8 have beaten them, United and Liverpool haven't played them yet, We're the only side who didn't beat them.
So?

How many teams have taken 9 points from Spurs, Chelsea and Leicester this season?

Watford beat Liverpool last season, but got tonked most weeks by other sides and got relegated.

These results happen in football regularly.

And we didn’t even get beat by Burnley.

So?

How many teams have taken 9 points from Spurs, Chelsea and Leicester this season?

Watford beat Liverpool last season, but got tonked most weeks by other sides and got relegated.

These results happen in football regularly.

And we didn’t even get beat by Burnley.
My point is if Everton want to become top 6 contenders we should be beating the likes of Burnley like the other teams have, That's how you get top 6 consistently beating most of the lower teams, You can get away with the draw or loss against the "big 6" or whatever it's called.

Status
Not open for further replies.