2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting blood from a stone.

Just wait were this fella takes us.

I've never been so optimistic as a blue.
Ive been saying this for a while ....Wait til he gets ALL the players in he wants.
This was never a quick fix job , he said it himself Evolution not revolution.

Atm he's getting a tune out of some players that have been poor even dreadful for us.

There'll be ups & downs along the road and we must be prepared to accept that.
But I'm confident he will take this club where it needs to be , a trophy looks not too far away but he will need further backing to get that.
Great to have him here.

Last edited:

Maybe in all comps for the first twelve months. I've checked the first 33 games (a year had Moyes at roughly 40 epl games so i've worked it out on 33 games each.

Moyes first 33 games (EPL)

33 played
15 wins
7 draws
11 losses

Win percentage from 33 games: 45.454545454546%

Ancelotti first 33 games. (EPL)

33 played
15 Wins
8 draws
10 losses.

Win percentage from 33 games: 45.454545454546%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bizarrely, they both have the same win percentage from the first 33 league games in charge. With Ancelotti edging it turning one loss into a draw. Under Moyes as well we remarkably won 6 in a row in his first 33 games, with 5 1-0 wins in a row too. Club was in an absolute state in both times as well so not asif either manager has had an advantage.

Personally love Ancelotti, he clearly thinks a lot about games and even if it doesn't work sometimes he tries to plan and have the players work to a plan, as we have seen the past three games. The calibre of player CA will attract is obviously going to be a hell of a lot higher too so plenty to be hopeful for. CA has stabled us like Moyes has, his next challenge is to get us back into Europe like Moyes did. Then to surpass Moyes.
Moyes worked wonders with a much smaller budget. Ancelotti has done great with a good amount to spend but a more competitive league than when Moyes was in charge.

Sam did what Sam was brought in to do. Silva, who tries to play a more attractive game, is a deeply inferior manager and flopped hilariously, but gets a pass because he's more stylish - which, let's face it, isn't hard. I'd have way more time for the vitriolic impatience many Evertonians felt for Sam if they hadn't been so patient and forgiving of the bare-arsed cheek of Silva's Emperor's New Clothes when it was clear he hadn't a fig leaf of managerial competence within six months of his appointment.

Just compare where Arsenal are under Arteta and where we are under Ancelotti.

His a world class operator with bags of experience, we just need to be patient back him in the market where possible and understand that there will be bumps along the way.

I think he has managed to create an atmosphere in the squad where players now seem more comfortable with what we need to do.

he also seems to tightened up the back too

Status
Not open for further replies.